What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Spa Cover Replacement  (Read 4603 times)

Tdbo

• 2007 Sundance Hartford 1994 Vita Spa Ambiance
Spa Cover Replacement
« on: July 27, 2012, 12:35:55 pm »
Unfortunately, about ready to embark upon the worst part IMO of owning/maintaining a spa, buying a cover.

I now presently have the original cover on my 2007 Sundance Hartford.  I was one of the "lucky" ones that got the Sundance covers with the substandard vinyl that just peels off/disintegrates even though it was maintained well with 303.  Mine is now currently at that place and this summer I have not even wasted the 303 on it.

I'm going out today to look locally and see what my options are for aftermarket.  I priced a cover from my dealer from Sundance (they offer no aftermarket options.) at $499.  Not sure that I want to go there on either quality or price.

I have looked at Doc's website and have called to see if he has a template.  No luck.  My hangup is that I really get nervous about the measuring process and screwing that up and then being stuck.  Did a search on the site and didn't come up with any recent information.  Open for any suggestions and advice.  Thanks

Hot Tub Forum

Spa Cover Replacement
« on: July 27, 2012, 12:35:55 pm »

castletonia

Re: Spa Cover Replacement
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2012, 12:57:13 pm »
The company I work for has used Sunstar for almost 15 years and we have had great luck with them.  I can't comment on whether they have Sundance templates or  not but its worth looking into. 

d00nut

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2012, 07:38:31 pm »
We use SunStar as well.  They aren't the cheapest covers, but they are pretty darn awesome, and seem very well built.  I'm not a Sundance dealer, but I know first hand SunStar has plenty of templates for Sundance.

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2012, 04:28:05 pm »
I have looked at Doc's website and have called to see if he has a template.  No luck. 

Make your own template - it's easy! Get a piece of plastic - I go to Lowes and buy a 4mil drop cloth for just a few bucks - and stretch it over the tub. Tape it in place, and get it as tight as you can. Then just draw around the top of the tub with a marking pen. Draw your line as big or as tight as yo want it. If you draw it a half-inch down from the top all the way around, your cover will be just slightly oversize, and that's usually just right. Of course, you can also measure your old cover and send the dimensions along with the template so Doc can fine tune it for you

I cut the excess plastic sheeting off, mark my name and the make and model of the tub on the template - mark "This side UP" if it matters, that is, if the cover is not concentric, or if you want no skirt along one side or whatever - pack it into a USPS flat rate box for $6 or whatever it costs, and you have it made in the shade.

Mark the locations of the fastners - keep in mind that you can add more or delete them as you wish since this is a custom cover - and ask Doc to give you a call when he has it in hand.

HTH

8)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2012, 04:28:05 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42