What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: blinking red light  (Read 3002 times)

garyvetter

blinking red light
« on: July 18, 2012, 04:26:29 pm »
We have a Hot Springs Jetsetter about 15 years old.  the red light started blinking and the tub stops working.  talking to the local hot springs dealer, they suggested it might be the circulation pump.  so instead of paying them $300.00 plus to come and look at it I took the pump out.  It is a Watkins Silent Flo 5000.  I called the dealer to ask if they could look at the pump and of course they can't.  they have to come to our house.  Maybe the $300.00 plus has something to do with that.
can the pump be tested or should I just buy a new one?
I have cleaned all three filters, let it run without filters and still doe the same thing.  if i trip the breaker it will start up again but not for very long.
thanks

Hot Tub Forum

blinking red light
« on: July 18, 2012, 04:26:29 pm »

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
Re: blinking red light
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2012, 04:58:49 pm »
 Its probably 110v pump, you could just take a old 3 prong ground wire and plug it into the wall.   Least you would know if it works or not. 

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2012, 08:36:11 pm »
I know a guy...

How about $100 (plus tax) for a new one?

With a one-year warranty, if you give me your serial number.

Just don't tell your dealer!

HTH

8)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

TwinCitiesHotSpring

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2012, 11:15:29 am »
no point in bringing it in for them to look at, not really any replaceable parts on those pumps so all they will do is recommend a new one anyway, not sure how you could be upset, 15 years on a part that operates 24/7 is pretty impressive in my opinion

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2012, 11:15:29 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42