What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Hot tub on Wheels and Water  (Read 4297 times)

stjama

Hot tub on Wheels and Water
« on: July 19, 2012, 09:01:42 am »
I have a hot tub which i have on a moveable platform which can be towed by car or placed on a floating dock. I have been told it would more than several heavy truck batteries to use Point of Use or Intex water heaters to heat it. What would be my best option, such as wood, propane, etc to heat it, especially in the cold danish winters? I plan to put a greenhouse walls around it.
Also, i plan to have about 10 or so not perfectly showered people in it each day, whats my best option to keep it clean, such as salt filer, chlorine, etc?
Also, for bubbles, im planning to use one or more portable hand inflators for air matress with hose inputs in the side, any better suggestions?
Thank you

Hot Tub Forum

Hot tub on Wheels and Water
« on: July 19, 2012, 09:01:42 am »

goose973

Re: Hot tub on Wheels and Water
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2012, 10:23:18 am »
My biggest concerns are that this contraption would hold water after being moved so much, that it would operate safely, and lastly, if it's worth all the hassle. Perhaps consider a portable hot tub (like a soft tub) and generator?

vangoghsear

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2012, 12:58:13 pm »
I have a hot tub which i have on a moveable platform which can be towed by car or placed on a floating dock. I have been told it would more than several heavy truck batteries to use Point of Use or Intex water heaters to heat it. What would be my best option, such as wood, propane, etc to heat it, especially in the cold danish winters? I plan to put a greenhouse walls around it.
Also, i plan to have about 10 or so not perfectly showered people in it each day, whats my best option to keep it clean, such as salt filer, chlorine, etc?
Also, for bubbles, im planning to use one or more portable hand inflators for air matress with hose inputs in the side, any better suggestions?
Thank you

Kidding right?

The people pumping the hand inflators should generate plenty of heat from the work, but they may get pretty sweaty, don't forget to throw in some shock.

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2012, 11:27:08 pm »
I was thinking they meant something like this:

But we don't have a lot to go on. (Never stopped us before...)

8)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

gadfly

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2012, 10:50:36 am »
I have seen rental "party tubs", on wheels.  They use an LP heater, and a generator to power the pump and blower, if 115 is not available.  There have also been some homemade tubs described in the archives here, at least one that used wood, to heat the water.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2012, 10:53:55 am by gadfly »

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2012, 10:50:36 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42