What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Sealing Leak In J335  (Read 4490 times)

drifteer

Sealing Leak In J335
« on: July 08, 2012, 01:22:27 pm »
  I recently developed a leak in my Jacuzzi J335 hot tub. I purchased a bottle of stop leak. The directions say to disable the heater, add the product and allow to run for a minimum of eight hours continusly. I dropped the temprature to 65 degrees on the control panel. My question is, how do I override the computers twenty minute safety feature to allow it to run the proper amount of time without sitting beside it to hit the button every twenty minutes. Help!

Hot Tub Forum

Sealing Leak In J335
« on: July 08, 2012, 01:22:27 pm »

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
Re: Sealing Leak In J335
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2012, 03:23:54 pm »
  You can't.  I suppose you could hook the wires directly to the incoming power leads but that would not be advisable. 
      Also that stop leak stuff usually only works if the leak has air around it.  In other words a full foam spa could be a problem.  Never used the stuff, might work.  How much water are you losing and did you check in the front to see if anything dripping was visable?   Like shaft seals or just a loose union.   

drifteer

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2012, 10:25:22 pm »
I'm losing about 6 to 8 inches in a two week period. Absolutely no moisture in the front by the control panel. Water accumulates in the back to the right side of the waterfall.

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2012, 09:37:20 am »
Remove the back panel and check the waterfall, is this an older spa.   What can happen is people sit on it and it cracks.  Water collecting in the back corner really means nothing other than your pad slopes that way.  The leak could be anywhere. 

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2012, 09:37:20 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42