What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Final Decision time  (Read 2230 times)

all.mankind101

Final Decision time
« on: June 22, 2012, 04:30:40 pm »
Believe it or not, after *way* too much shopping, I was on my way to finalize the deal on a Limelight Flair, but I guess it was force of habit that made me stop into a Caldera showroom literally on my way to the Hot Springs place.  Now my dilemma...

Do I go ahead and get the Flair for basically $7,400 (incl steps and lifter)?

Or... do I spend a couple of hundred bucks less and get a 2010 Caldera Geneva that's been of the showroom floor since new (also has steps and lifter)?

On the one hand the Caldera is from their "Utopia" series and is already on the showroom floor, on the other hand the Flair is the "Limelight" series, and I'd have to order it.   The Flair has the brand new factory warranty, and the Geneva warranty status is a bit of an unknown until the kid in the store can talk with the owner  (no disrespect intended...  pretty much anyone who looks like they're in their 20's to early 30's looks like a kid to me... he was perfectly fine and knows his stuff.)  the Flair would be brand spanking new, and the Geneva has been at least wet tested a number of times and therefore I see it as "used" (but probably not too much).  Both will be delivered installed and have starter chemicals, but I see those things as givens and wouldn't buy from anyplace thst didn't include them.

A couple of hundred bucks at this point doesn't make any difference at this point.  I am more interested in what experienced hands may think of the relative merits of each of these tubs.

Hot Tub Forum

Final Decision time
« on: June 22, 2012, 04:30:40 pm »

TwinCitiesHotSpring

Re: Final Decision time
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2012, 04:39:48 pm »
I'll help the "kid" out lol...warranty starts after 2 years of "sitting" either on the floor or in the warehouse and its basically the same as the Flair...5yr comp. 7yr shell.  Take it for what its worth but in my personal opinion I'd be looking to get a killer deal If I'm buying a floor model that has been a wet test tub for 2 years, but your mileage may vary.  I would talk to the owner and see what he can work out I'm sure he's looking to move that unit, but if the bottom line is only a couple hundred bucks I personally go with something brand new, again just my opinion

Hot Tub Forum

Re: Final Decision time
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2012, 04:39:48 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42