What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Does this thing still work?  (Read 2735 times)

djm011

Does this thing still work?
« on: April 30, 2012, 12:36:30 pm »
I recently bought a new home that has a hot tub on the deck. I know nothing about getting one of these things into shape for use, but I had some questions. It was half filled with brackish water and had stood idle and turned off for almost two years. We decided we wanted to see if it works so we drained it and washed it. When I flipped the breaker and the switch it seems to be working, but I wanted to know if there's anything I definitely need to do before I fill it with water and test it to see if it works. Is there anything that would increase my chances of this thing operating properly that I should do at this point?

We don't have any manual, but the tub is probably around 7 years old.

Hot Tub Forum

Does this thing still work?
« on: April 30, 2012, 12:36:30 pm »

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
Re: Does this thing still work?
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2012, 02:12:14 pm »
Welcome to the forum. Before you use it ,I would probably fill the tub with water and hit it with a high dosage of chlorine and drain again. Have you pulled the filters and rinsed those? Can you tell us the make/model?  Someone might have more specific recommendations.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Hot Tub Forum

Re: Does this thing still work?
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2012, 02:12:14 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42