What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Great Lakes Spa -Pump won't engage  (Read 4379 times)

voultar

Great Lakes Spa -Pump won't engage
« on: March 06, 2012, 07:29:47 pm »
Hey guys, first of all I want to apologize if this is a completely stupid question. However, I'm having some trouble here.

I go out to my Hot-Tub to find the jets not working. The control panel is fine with no error codes, and I can hear the relays clicking when changing jet speeds, but I'm not getting anything!

With my multimeter I've tested power for both the low and high-speed relays and there's definitely voltage there. (It's a 2 speed motor).

Here's the trick, if I push the contactor in at the end of the motor, the motor purs and everything seems to run fine. But when I push the jet button again to adjust the pump speed, it dies.

So this is what I know:

Power is getting to the pump, the pump powers. I can only get the highspeed on when pushing the the big contactor in at the electrical end of the motor. I'm all out of ideas.

Can you guys offer any suggestions based on this information?

Thanks for everything,

-Kelly

Hot Tub Forum

Great Lakes Spa -Pump won't engage
« on: March 06, 2012, 07:29:47 pm »

Spa_Tech

• Independent Spa technician
Re: Great Lakes Spa -Pump won't engage
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2012, 12:26:13 am »
If the motor is recieving proper voltage and it 'no workie', it's going to be start switch, capacitor, or windings. Since you were able to get the motor to run, I think you can eliminate windings as the source of your spa trouble. The jet pump motor can be fixed without a whole new replacement.

voultar

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2012, 08:39:37 am »
Thanks for the reply.

Yes, the jets do work when I push the heavy contactor in on the electrical side of the motor. The motor works at it's hi-speed when doing this. And after I push it in, it stays in by itself (magnetism).

I just can't figure out what the problem is. If I could find a way to test the low-speed. It has to be something in the wiring or sensor. This happened after a very cold snow. We keep the unit on year round so I don't know how this could have affected it.

Thank you again, I appreciate your feedback.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2012, 08:39:37 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42