What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Sundance Optima - display blank. 2nd round of troubleshooting  (Read 3701 times)

psubill78

2002 Sundance Optima.  Sitting in Wisconsin

Last week, notice no nice blue glow from under the cover.  Found that tub was dead....

Nothing was tripped, tested all the power, it was good to the tub.  Found the 30A fuse on the control panel was blown.  Replaced the fuse, all was well.

Until tonight.  Looked out and saw it dark again, tub was dead.  I haven't gotten the meter out yet (too late tonight to deal with this) but I'm guessing that 30A fuse may be blown again.

Any idea on what I should troubleshoot next to figure out why the 30A fuse may be blowing?

Thanks guys!

Hot Tub Forum

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
Re: Sundance Optima - display blank. 2nd round of troubleshooting
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2012, 04:18:24 am »
First, be sure you replaced fuse with the exact type you need.
Second - measure voltage to the motor (while starting and while running) to see if low voltage is the issue.
Next - measure the amperage draw of the motor to see if it is higher than the rating on the plate.

HTH

8)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

clover

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2012, 10:53:30 am »
Persistent fuse failure should be looked at by a service tech.  could be a circ pump, or one of the main pumps, especially if it only hums when energized, or starts slowly. 
Trying to be the unbaised voice of reason.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2012, 10:53:30 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42