What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Caldera Tahitian Problem: Help!!  (Read 5967 times)

Bo

Caldera Tahitian Problem: Help!!
« on: February 14, 2012, 05:17:38 pm »
Hi Everyone,

I bought a new 2011 Caldera Tahitian in September, 2011. The first few months were quite enjoyable with the Spa. However, for 3 or 4 times in the past few months I went outside to find that the tub was half full of water and the power light was blinking and the temperature was not shown. Just lines were on the panel. The water was still hot. So I turned the power back on and turned the temperature up. The night before the hot tub worked fine. The power did not go out at our house. For some reason this keeps on happening. So I called the company I bought the hot tub from and they came out and took it into the shop. After two weeks they said they could not find anything wrong and are redelivering the same hot tub to us tomorrow. The question I have is what if this continues? Don't I have a legal right to return this to the manufacturer and get a new tub since this one is obviously flawed (assuming it happens again)?

Thanks,

Bo 

Hot Tub Forum

Caldera Tahitian Problem: Help!!
« on: February 14, 2012, 05:17:38 pm »

TwinCitiesHotSpring

Re: Caldera Tahitian Problem: Help!!
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2012, 05:58:29 pm »
3 or 4 times your tub has drained half the water out and they can't find the problem?  :o

Bo

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2012, 06:06:45 pm »
That is correct. They said they contacted the manufacturer and tried some things and it did not leak there over a two week period. They state that they don't know what the problem is.

Bo

d00nut

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2012, 06:46:47 pm »
You didn't see where the water was coming from when it drained on you?

Bo

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2012, 07:03:08 pm »
No

TwinCitiesHotSpring

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2012, 07:05:44 pm »
That is correct. They said they contacted the manufacturer and tried some things and it did not leak there over a two week period. They state that they don't know what the problem is.

Bo

well someone needs to get their story straight, I'm not calling you or the dealer a liar but if a tub leaks out 180 gallons of water multiple times on your property then doesn't leak for 2 weeks in the shop then something has got to give....180 gallons of water does not miraculously disappear without leaving a trace...there would be a puddle in your yard, obvious signs of a leak on the frame or cabinet of the spa, possibly even rotting wood if its an in-foam leak that has gone on for months, something

Bo

« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2012, 07:24:38 pm »
I think I know a possible location as there was snow around the Hot Tub in the backyard when this happened. There was an area (section) around the tub did not have the snow anymore after this. I let the dealer know this information. I assume that they checked the area. I can't say what they did with any certainty as I was not there. They said they checked the foam and saw no leaks. They said they have never seen this before. Puzzling!! I have had hot tubs for approximately 10 years and never had anything like this happen before.

d00nut

« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2012, 08:17:25 pm »
Leaks always leave a trail, not sometimes, but always.  I wouldn't sweat it to much.  The reason why I wouldn't is because Caldera is a great company that will back it's products.  You are also in warranty for at least another 4 years right?  You should be able to tell where, if there is a leak, it's coming from.

Are you sure your neighbor isn't just siphoning the water out?   ;D

Bo

« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2012, 08:20:28 pm »
Thanks for the information d00nute. Have a nice night.

Bo

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2012, 05:07:07 pm »
The check valve in the ozone system can fail and drain the tub like that - have them check that carefully: if it is disconnected, it can allow water out when the power is off, but will suck air IN with the power on. Of course, if this is the problem you may simply have had power interruptions while you were away. I have seen this on our HotSpring tubs from time to time - easy fix, as you can imagine.

HTH

8)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2012, 05:07:07 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42