What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: N00b - Please help me decide!  (Read 4972 times)

Smotz

N00b - Please help me decide!
« on: February 21, 2012, 10:24:43 pm »
I know people ask this all the time!  I am thankful that there is a forum to learn so much.

I have been reading and learning, and reading and learning. 

I have narrowed my possible tubs down to :

Maax Elite 7000
Bullfrog 562
Marquis Reward
Saratoga Canfield XL

All would be between 7k & 8k.

Can people please give their opinions & experiences?  Anything would be appreciated.

Hot Tub Forum

N00b - Please help me decide!
« on: February 21, 2012, 10:24:43 pm »

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
Re: N00b - Please help me decide!
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2012, 07:14:40 am »
First of all, welcome to the forum. I personally can't offer any opinions of those brands other than I've seen the Reward.  What do you think of the dealers?
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Smotz

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2012, 12:04:29 pm »
Thank you - much appreciated.

I like the Maax 7000 elite - haven't sat in it. it has lots of cool features but I think it's priced high and I hate the dealership.  But, it's very local.

I like the Marquis Reward, the dealer seems ok.  Haven't sat in it.

I am on the fence with the Bullfrog 562- expensive, everything is an 'option'.  I'd be able to afford the no frills, no options version.  Dealer is the same as the Marquis.  Again, haven't sat in it.

I like the Saratoga Canfield XL.  Seems expensive.  Sat in it.  Local dealership that seem good.

I would like to get competitive pricing but I am finding that difficult.

I've been to about 6 dealerships and came up with the above options.

Thoughts?

TwinCitiesHotSpring

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2012, 12:53:56 pm »

Thank you - much appreciated.

I like the Maax 7000 elite - haven't sat in it. it has lots of cool features but I think it's priced high and I hate the dealership.  But, it's very local.

I like the Marquis Reward, the dealer seems ok.  Haven't sat in it.

I am on the fence with the Bullfrog 562- expensive, everything is an 'option'.  I'd be able to afford the no frills, no options version.  Dealer is the same as the Marquis.  Again, haven't sat in it.

I like the Saratoga Canfield XL.  Seems expensive.  Sat in it.  Local dealership that seem good.

I've been to about 6 dealerships and came up with the above options.

Thoughts?

the bullfrog and Saratoga come off my list first, because the bullfrog only has a 3yr component warranty vs. 5 on the marquis, and the saratoga comes off my list because they seem to "hide" their warranty from consumers eyes (unless I'm blind, but I checked the website)....in that 7-9k range with lounger some of my favs are the Limelight Flair, Jacuzzi 300 series, and Marquis brand...they are all reputable companies backed by a 5yr component warranty

TLWR

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2012, 05:40:51 pm »

Thoughts?

Can't comment on any of the ones you are looking at as I've not seen them in our search these last few weeks, but pricing I can comment on.
There is an MSRP that seems to be hidden most places and then the price each dealer will sell at. That price, at least around the Pensacola, FL area, seems to be set in each store and there will be no budging on those prices. Some places offer military discounts, others didn't. The main one that didn't was willing to toss us some free things to make up for it (delivery - which seems to be free each weekend anyway and the ozinator that was an option on the tub we seem to be purchasing - doesn't amount to the 10% another place was willing to give us, but oh well).
Beyond that, you will just have to go with similar tubs with similar features. There are 2 dealers here that sell the same tubs, but with different labels on them. One is 2k cheaper than the other for the same exact thing. Beyond that - each dealer has their own prices and their price doesn't seem to wiggle (though the 2k more dealer had a "$500 off today only" tub for us.

As for picking... sit in them. Then sit in them with water. Wet test those suckers. One tub we found reasonably comfortable dry wasn't so comfy wet. Another was quite nice, but a little tight for my husband. The 3rd is the most comfortable dry... haven't wet tested it, we reserved one that has been ordered and we'll try it when they get it.

So pricing - it is what it is, really.
Which one - wet test them. You can probably rule some on your list out by doing that.

Smotz

« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2012, 06:50:50 pm »
Interesting because I am VERY intrigued by the Bullfrog and is on the top of my list as of now.  I am planning a west test this weekend.

Second is the Marquis reward but I am unable to test it.

TwinCitiesHotSpring

« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2012, 09:38:24 am »
Interesting because I am VERY intrigued by the Bullfrog and is on the top of my list as of now.  I am planning a west test this weekend.

Second is the Marquis reward but I am unable to test it.

If you like it best extra warranty could be a bargaining chip...I have nothing personal against bullfrog, I just feel personally if I was spending 8K+ for a spa I would have a little more piece of mind with a 5yr component warranty as this covers the most "expensive" items on the spa typically (jet pumps, control boards/heads, heater, circ pumps, etc) just my opinion take it for what its worth

Smotz

« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2012, 05:48:36 pm »
Thank you.  I appreciate your input very much.

I am going to look at a Jacuzzi 335 this weekend also.

Smotz

« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2012, 10:46:51 pm »
Thank you all!  The fam and I decided on the Jacuzzi J-375...we're all very excited!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2012, 10:46:51 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42