What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Might be a dumb question  (Read 2492 times)

Barbwirenroses77

Might be a dumb question
« on: February 06, 2012, 06:15:26 pm »
I've never owned a hot tub but I have owned and maintained an above ground pool.  For those that have done both how does it compare in labor intensity?  Granted I know you have to change the water every few months so there's that.  But as far as changing the filter and balancing the chemicals is it similar? More labor intensive?

Also do you vaccuum out your hot tub like you would a pool?

Hot Tub Forum

Might be a dumb question
« on: February 06, 2012, 06:15:26 pm »

TwinCitiesHotSpring

Re: Might be a dumb question
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2012, 06:24:22 pm »
Spas are a piece of cake in my opinion...the key is to actually sit down and take the time to learn proper maintenance, and then actually taking the time 2x-3x a week for 5-10min. to check on the tub and balance and/or add chemical as needed.  And yes spa vacs are a simple device used to pull  small dirt/debris from the bottom of the tub, most of them are cheap ($35-$75) and can be found online and mostly likely at local dealers as well

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2012, 06:35:44 pm »
I've never owned a hot tub but I have owned and maintained an above ground pool.  For those that have done both how does it compare in labor intensity?  Granted I know you have to change the water every few months so there's that.  But as far as changing the filter and balancing the chemicals is it similar? More labor intensive?

Also do you vaccuum out your hot tub like you would a pool?

I have a simple test for people on the subject when they voice a fear of figuring out how to care for their spa. I hand them a simple 1 page step by step water care guide I created. I watch them when I hand it to them and if they hold the paper right side up when reading it I consider them capable. If they hold the paper upside down when reading it I know they'll have trouble.

You'll do fine, especially if you already care for a pool.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2012, 06:44:34 pm »
I have both and I think the pool is easier to balance chemical wise, but more work to clean debris, leaves and stuff.  My tub has a bromine frog inline system, so it isn't really difficult but you do have to manage your water especially if you are anticipating lots of tub users. If you run into any problems, you always have this forum as a good resource! ;)
Support your dealer so they can support you!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2012, 06:44:34 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42