What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Used Hydro Spa Mark III - Newbie questions- Should I buy?  (Read 5755 times)

Faithfulfrank

Used Hydro Spa Mark III - Newbie questions- Should I buy?
« on: February 03, 2012, 08:34:47 am »
Hello all. I appreciate any help or advice you could offer. My wife and I recently came across an offer from a neighbor who is selling a 3 person spa.

It is a 2004 or 2005 3 person Hydro Spa Tiara model. It was in the house he recently bought and he does not want it. He stated he filled it halfway up with water and turned it on to see if it worked and he stated it worked fine. I do believe him. He then drained it to sell or move it and that is how we saw it, drained and disconnected.

Anyway, it looks nice and just the right size we would be looking for, although this whole thing kind of threw me off as I was not really looking to buy right now. It looks like it has a lot of jets for the size, 34, with a 1 hp pump.

The only blemish it seems to have is a discolored brownish looking blister about 3/4" round. If you touch this blister it "gives" a bit, but there is no cracking, etc and other then that it looks brand new. The blister is in the area where one would sit, at the bottom.

It comes with steps, a cover, and a big box of chemicals. He is asking $1100. He may take less.

So, my questions are;

1) Is this a good price? I think it might be high.

2) Is this a high, medium or low end spa? Am I looking at a future regret?

3) Is this blister a big "red flag"?

4) The size of this spa is 32" high, 79" long by 59" wide. Dry it says it weighs 990 lbs...that seems very heavy for a spa this size. It has an all plastic outside.

Any advice would be much appreciated. Thank you.

Hot Tub Forum

Used Hydro Spa Mark III - Newbie questions- Should I buy?
« on: February 03, 2012, 08:34:47 am »

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
Re: Used Hydro Spa Mark III - Newbie questions- Should I buy?
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2012, 10:11:56 am »
1. I also think it's too high

2. Lower end. The spa originality retailed for around $4000

3. HUGE red flag. Delamination of the spa shell is the worst issue to have. It may be limited to this one spot...or this may be a sign that many other blisters will appear.
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

Faithfulfrank

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2012, 01:21:18 pm »
Thank you for your kind help. That was just the info I needed. I'm guessing that unless the sellers really offer a much lower price I will pass on this. I'm not really quite ready for one yet anyway, as i want to remodel around where it would end up.

thanks, Frank

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2012, 01:21:18 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42