What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Drain cap stuck?!  (Read 5212 times)

kerri13

Drain cap stuck?!
« on: May 29, 2014, 06:16:06 pm »
We are trying to drain our spa for the first time, but cannot for the life of me get the cap unscrewed! I have called the dealership and they recommended a hammer/wrench to loosen it up, but it is not budging. Apparently it should screw right off with no problems. I really don't want to pay a $75 service visit for this... Are we just not strong enough or are we just missing something? Has anyone had this problem before?

We have tried using a wrench, but it's a pretty awkward angle and we are going to ruin the plastic if we try much harder. Any suggestions?

To clarify, the small black cap is what will not move. The larger black area behind the small cap will turn, but not all the way. From what I understand, the small part should come off so that I can attach the hose, and then the part behind can be pulled out and turned so that the water flow will begin.

Hot Tub Forum

Drain cap stuck?!
« on: May 29, 2014, 06:16:06 pm »

dunecritter

Re: Drain cap stuck?!
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2014, 06:38:51 pm »
Grab some Channel lock pliers and go straight in rather than the regular side approach. You should not have to twist it very hard yet is probably tight enough to be difficult with the fingers being recessed like that. I wouldn't hammer on any of that though.

Nazz26

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2014, 07:08:38 pm »
Remember lefty loosie.  Righty tightie.  And use some elbow grease.  After you get it off, I would get a brass hose shut off extension.  They sell them at the big box stores for $5.00. Leave the tubs valve on and turn off the hose extension when filled. It would make life a lot easy on your next drain and refill..Good luck....
« Last Edit: May 29, 2014, 07:17:34 pm by Nazz26 »

kerri13

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2014, 01:20:20 pm »
Finally got it! Thank you guys!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2014, 01:20:20 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42