What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: First hot tub wanted.  (Read 18502 times)

CSEASLEY

First hot tub wanted.
« on: April 10, 2013, 08:19:42 pm »
We are going to buy our first hot tub. Have done lots of research including Hot Springs. We have found nothing definitive. Almost decided on the grandee, then found out there is a fee of 250.00 to deliver & set up. (on a $10,000 tub) Now we are considering an Everlast tub from sam's. They at least deliver it to our home. Have also looked at Artsian, Caldera, & even Thermospas. We are no closer to making a decision now than we were a month ago. Any help would be appreciated.

Hot Tub Forum

First hot tub wanted.
« on: April 10, 2013, 08:19:42 pm »

Hot Spring Ace

Re: First hot tub wanted.
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2013, 08:28:57 pm »
We are going to buy our first hot tub. Have done lots of research including Hot Springs. We have found nothing definitive. Almost decided on the grandee, then found out there is a fee of 250.00 to deliver & set up. (on a $10,000 tub) Now we are considering an Everlast tub from sam's. They at least deliver it to our home. Have also looked at Artsian, Caldera, & even Thermospas. We are no closer to making a decision now than we were a month ago. Any help would be appreciated.

I understand why a dealer might think its good to separate out the delivery charge from the spa price rather than adding into the price of the spa but it just doesn't go over well with shoppers even though its really an above board, itemized way to look at it. People want to hear "free delivery, free cover..." even if its never really free but more accurately described as "already factored into the price".

What if that dealer had given a price of $10,250 for a Grandee and said the delivery was free? Its the EXACT same thing but it just doesn't seem the same. The reality is that $10,250 for a delivered Grandee is not just a good price its a VERY good price.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2013, 09:43:44 pm by Hot Spring Ace »

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2013, 09:16:42 pm »
My only advice is to stay away from thermospas. While I agree tat they should've added it into the price of the grandee nothing is free especially when you are dealing with quality

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2013, 07:43:37 am »
Another factor, what does "deliver to our home" mean?    Pushed off the truck and "Here you are"  I'm sure that $250 includes more than it showing up in your driveway.  Don't get caught up in the 2%, look at the 98% of the deal.  Would you rather have to pay for the Porche to be delivered or have the Yugo brought to you?
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2013, 08:45:40 am »
FREE = Something you PAY for that's not itemized on the bill
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

brillskill

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2013, 09:20:43 am »
hes right,sams or any other internet drop ship company will literally just drop it off on your curb,,i just went through it with a tub from the internet ,you will still need to move it to its final resting place,in my case the tub was almost 800 pounds and had to be placed on a deck so i had to hire a spa moving company which cost 300 dollars...so moral of the story is "free delivery" is def not free unless you have like 6 guys willing to lift it and move it or a spa dolly and spa moving equipment...the spa movers i used had this kind of inflatable pillow specifically made to lift the tub,,doubt any common person has this...

kurt6137

« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2013, 06:59:04 pm »
Listen, you are making a considerable investment, go with a reputable dealer, that carries a good solid brand like Hot Springs, Sundance, Marquis, D1, etc.. you get the picture. The dealer is the key here. I have owned 3 hot tubs in my life and when you get them delivered, you want someone who cares and knows how to gently put down a tub in the exact location you want. Then after the sale to give you the good advice of keeping that tub maintained and repairing it, if needed during the warranty period or after, or never (highly unlikely on this one) Dealers are there to support you and a good one will make his business to see you are completely satisfied, before, during and after the sale. Thermo Spas , think about it, do you see commercials for Hot springs and Sundance, etc. all the time on TV, no because they dont need to con anybody about their tubs being well made. Just because its on TV does not make it a good product. Have the dealer tear off some of the covers and look at the insides and ask questions about motors, insulation, frames, pumps (not the same as a motor, that drives the pump) etc. Good luck on your purchase and let us know, what you decided on.

jacksonbird03

« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2013, 03:03:31 am »
There are some great hot tubs from which you may choose any one of them...

Above-ground acrylic hot tubs
Inflatable and portable hot tubs
Wooden hot tubs..
these are some great hot tubs which are very demanding now a days you may choose any one of them... :)

TwinCitiesHotSpring

« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2013, 02:31:43 pm »
FREE = Something you PAY for that's not itemized on the bill

this....either you pay $10,300 w/ free delivery or you pay $10k + delivery fee....other than a free towel/rubber duck/booster seat, nothing your getting with the spa is "free" no matter who/where your buying from

Sam

« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2013, 03:03:17 pm »
I am continually amazed at how often this occurs.  I am going to start giving away a free Audi with my hot tubs.  My hot tubs will cost $60k, but at least you get a FREE Audi!

CSEASLEY

« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2013, 07:38:00 am »
What about Caldera spas? We visited their dealer last week & were impressed with the info.
especially the tahitian. Even though they did not have one on display. 

meriflower

« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2013, 01:30:09 pm »
Don't know anything about Caldera other than they are made by Watkins which is also the manufacturer of Hot Spring Spas.  I found these 5 reviews on this website:

http://www.whatsthebest-hottub.com/reviews/caldera/523-0-1.html

Personally I would stay away from spas that you can get at Sams or Costco unless you are sure you can get it serviced when needed.  You may save money up front but may be paying for it later down the road.

LisaN75

« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2013, 10:48:12 am »
We are also newbies when it comes to hot tubs and decided on a Hot Spring Envoy. We also had to pay for delivery but after shelling out ten grand I feel that the money we paid for delivery is peace of mind for the delivery and set up.  Looking forward to receiving our spa at the end of the month.

Hot Spring Ace

« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2013, 11:16:40 am »
What about Caldera spas? We visited their dealer last week & were impressed with the info.
especially the tahitian. Even though they did not have one on display.

Watkins makes Hot spring and Caldera. Caldera is a very good choice overall and the Tahitian is a big seller.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2013, 11:16:40 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42