What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Las Vegas show rumors  (Read 4268 times)

castletonia

Las Vegas show rumors
« on: January 05, 2012, 03:53:16 pm »
OK, so I had a rep in my store today from a company which I will leave nameless for the time being state that one of the brands I carry may be having some issues.  This rep also states that these issues are not secrets and are known by many industry insiders.  Now I don't know much about this reps company and strongly question his credibility.

My question to any industry professionals is did you hear anything whether true or rumor at the Vegas show?  If so could you pm me with what you know.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2012, 10:32:24 pm by castletonia »

Hot Tub Forum

Las Vegas show rumors
« on: January 05, 2012, 03:53:16 pm »

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
Re: Sunrise Spas
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2012, 09:07:11 pm »
I would ask you to remove the name of the company until you KNOW this is more than a RUMOR passed to you by a competitor. These is the kinds of rumors, when posted in a public forum, that can cause quite a bit of harm to a company.

How would you feel, or what might you think the effect would be, if people started saying this about you? How would you prove it wrong? Why should you have to prove a rumor wrong?
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

ndabunka

• 2003 Jacuzzi J370 Platinum/Coastal Grey Synthetic
Re: Las Vegas show rumors
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2012, 01:08:16 am »
I can understand removing a company (dealer) name but what brands was your competitor trying to disparage?
...The gene pool could use a little chlorine....

Quickly approaching a mid-life crisis one day at a time.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2012, 11:33:39 am »
I can understand removing a company (dealer) name but what brands was your competitor trying to disparage?

He removed the company name due to it being only a rumor. Telling you would defeat the whole purpose of removing the name in the first place (psst, unless you promise not to tell anyone). You'll have to watch TMZ to find out who it is.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2012, 11:35:26 am by Spatech_tuo »
220, 221, whatever it takes!

castletonia

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2012, 02:26:16 pm »
So far I have not come across any information to validate the statement this sales rep made.  Unfortunately I was not at the show and the few individuals that were know nothing of this company's issue.  It's unfortunate that that this rep made what appears to be a completely false statement because I was actually interested in his brand but if he is going to start off a potential relationship with a lie then I have no trust in him or the company he represents.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2012, 02:26:16 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42