What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Need help with donated tub  (Read 3206 times)

dwillems26

Need help with donated tub
« on: November 30, 2011, 12:42:15 am »
So my neighbor couldn't help pay for the fence between us, so she's giving us their old hot tub. Problem is though it is in pieces. I don't know what company the tub is actually from, but it has a Hydroquip DS2 controller that's opened up with a few wires disconnected. And there's a Hydroquip HQ-3000 controller sitting next to it, also opened up and torn apart. She doesn't know what's wrong with it or what her son was trying to do with it. But I'm guessing something went out in the old controller, and he was either replacing parts or the whole thing with the newer model 3000. The hot tub itself is generally in pretty good shape on the exterior and inside the tub.

We haven't moved it yet because I'm trying to figure out if we want this or not. I can't find any wiring diagrams for these controllers, and I don't even know if it'll be worth trying to get this tub running. From what I've found the DS2 controller was built in 1991, and the 3000 built in 2000.

Any recommendations on trying to fix this thing, or let it finally rest? And if anybody can give me diagrams or information on these controllers would be great!

By the way I'm new to hot tubs but a fairly handy guy. I'm confident I can get it running with the right diagrams, but I just don't know if this hot tub is worth my effort or time

Hot Tub Forum

Need help with donated tub
« on: November 30, 2011, 12:42:15 am »

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
Re: Need help with donated tub
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2011, 09:48:36 am »
I have just finished putting together the invoice and I am going out this morning to install a new control panel and a new cover on a used spa somebody got for a low price. In this case, I was able to reuse the spa-side control which saved some money. I installed a Balboa EL8000 system.

Just so you know - the price for the system, cover and labor was close to $1800. As I said, it would have been more if I had to supply a topside control panel as well.

8)

Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2011, 01:21:51 pm »
You just paid for her half of he fence, don't follow it up by hauling her junk away for free as well.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

dwillems26

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2011, 01:45:00 pm »
Yeah I thought it was a new tub cuz I saw them replacing it two years ago, but turns out it's built in 1991. I think you are right and I won't take it. I am sure I could get it running without paid labor, but in the end it still wouldn't be worth the effort. Thanks for your replies.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2011, 01:45:00 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42