What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Neewbie looking at used tubs  (Read 2609 times)

coloradochip

Neewbie looking at used tubs
« on: December 01, 2011, 05:14:24 pm »
First off, let me say that I have been lurking on the site for the past couple of weeks.  Great site!  I would have probably pulled the trigger on a cheapie craigslist new tum for like $2800 even though that's more than I want to spend.  I think based on the posts that I have narrowed my choice down to a few tubs

1996 Sundance Optima for $1000
2004 Marquis Euphoria for $2500
2005 Marquis Epic for $2500
2007 Artesian gold series for $1750

I think I may be able to get the euphoria down by another couple hundred and I am leaning that way since it doesn't have a lounger.  Thoughts from anyone are much appreciated.

Hot Tub Forum

Neewbie looking at used tubs
« on: December 01, 2011, 05:14:24 pm »

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
Re: Neewbie looking at used tubs
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2011, 06:31:29 pm »
First off, let me say that I have been lurking on the site for the past couple of weeks.  Great site!  I would have probably pulled the trigger on a cheapie craigslist new tum for like $2800 even though that's more than I want to spend.  I think based on the posts that I have narrowed my choice down to a few tubs

1996 Sundance Optima for $1000
2004 Marquis Euphoria for $2500
2005 Marquis Epic for $2500
2007 Artesian gold series for $1750

I think I may be able to get the euphoria down by another couple hundred and I am leaning that way since it doesn't have a lounger.  Thoughts from anyone are much appreciated.

My thoughts are the prices of these are pretty much in line but when it comes time to decide those prices take a back seat to condition of the spas. You MUST be able to see the spa filled with water and up to temp and check out to see if you're going to need to shell out for a new cover. If you are expected to buy on faith and can't see it fully operational simply cross it off your list, no exceptions.

I'd rather have a so-so looking used spa that runs well over one that looks good but has leaks, control issues, pump problems, needs a heater, needs this and that...
220, 221, whatever it takes!

coloradochip

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2011, 06:58:01 pm »
Thanks for the advice. I have seen them all running an hot an don't see any issues at all. They are all in new condition almost and seem to be working like new except for the sundance. That one is in good shape cosmetically and seems to function perfectly. I like the $1000 price a lot, but am I asking for problems with such an old tub?  The marquis epic seems like a really great price to me as it appears to be a real top of the line tub and looks brand new.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2011, 11:22:34 am »
Thanks for the advice. I have seen them all running an hot an don't see any issues at all. They are all in new condition almost and seem to be working like new except for the sundance. That one is in good shape cosmetically and seems to function perfectly. I like the $1000 price a lot, but am I asking for problems with such an old tub?  The marquis epic seems like a really great price to me as it appears to be a real top of the line tub and looks brand new.

In that case for the extra $1500 I'd get the 2005 Marquis over the 1996 Sundance.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2011, 11:22:34 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42