What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: FL1 error on Jacquzzi out of storage  (Read 3617 times)

Nelson.peter

FL1 error on Jacquzzi out of storage
« on: November 12, 2011, 10:40:13 pm »
We went traveling around the world for 2.5 years so we locked up our vintage 2003 Jacquzzi hot tub so renters wouldn't mess with it.  I blew out the lines as best I could for freeze protection.  I shoved a rag down the input to the pump at the filter just to make sure "things" didn't get down there.

Filled it up yesterday and when I started it up the pump came on and pumped a bunch of white stuff out.  I imagine it must be scale or dried salts from the lines.  Dunno. 

But I also got the FL1 error code.  I have taken the filters off and checked the input to the pump.  No problem there, nor did I expect any as I can visualy see and hear the pump working.  Could the heaters be fried?  Water temp is in the 50s (tap) and with this error code, no heating is being done.

What troubleshooting can I do?  Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.  I am pretty mechanical, but have little knowledge about a spa other than it has a pump, filters, heater, hoses, and that sort of thing.

Hot Tub Forum

FL1 error on Jacquzzi out of storage
« on: November 12, 2011, 10:40:13 pm »

d00nut

Re: FL1 error on Jacquzzi out of storage
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2011, 12:57:05 am »
Did you fill the hot tub through the filter compartment?  It could be something like an air bubble in the circulation pump.  The white stuff is defanitely scale, which could be the root of your problem.  An FL1 error is indicating no flow from your circulation pump.  That means it could be a couple things.  Either your:  Filters are clogged, Air Bubble is in the line, circulation pump has failed, or your pressure switch has failed.  With storage, I'd probably check to see if you can flush out an air bubble first.

Nelson.peter

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2011, 08:58:57 pm »
Thanks for the reply. 

i did NOT fill the tub through the filter compartment.  So I may have trapped air inside.

The air bubble theory is a good one.  But how would I flush it out?  Run a garden hose under pressure down the pump intake?

Filters are brand new, so that is not the problem.  I don't know if this has a separate circulation pump or not, but the jet pump works fine.

d00nut

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2011, 01:17:13 pm »
The filter with the screen at the bottom is the one that is connected to your circ pump & heater.  The easiest way to flush out an air bubble is to take the filter out (you're going to get your arm wet in cold water!) and place the hose right over that screen.  Take a towel and wrap it around the end of the hose to create a nice seal over that screen.  Then have someone else, while you are holding the hose in place, turn on the water full blast. 

That should flush out any air you have trapped in the line.  I would do this with the spa turned off, and then turn it back on after you have done this.

Hope that works!

Nelson.peter

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2011, 05:02:21 pm »
Thank you d00nut.  I guess I had the input wrong.  I tried what you suggested and imagine that! - a bunch of air bubbles came out!!  Right now I cannot hear the circ pump running BUT the red heater light is on and the temp has risen over the past 15 min. from 50 to 53 deg.  However, the display flashes with 'Ice' and it isn't heating as fast as I guess I would expect.  Is the tub fixed??

Thank you soooo much for your help.  It is greatly appreciated!!
« Last Edit: November 23, 2011, 05:05:44 pm by Nelson.peter »

Nelson.peter

« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2011, 11:23:47 pm »
Problem solved!  Tub is heating up.  Thank you very much for the advice.  I appreciate it.  Another happy turkey from the forum!  Have a Happy Thanksgiving!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2011, 11:23:47 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42