What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: beachcomber 360 vs coast zenith  (Read 11740 times)

TwinCitiesHotSpring

Re: beachcomber 360 vs coast zenith
« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2011, 07:58:51 pm »
Just an update:  We were told at beachcomber that we couldn't wet test the model we wanted, but we could test the two tubs that were full of water.....both being WAY over our budget so what would the point of this be.  I'm totally turned off by this.  It's like they are relying on their "name" and we should just buy the tub because it's a beachcomber!!???  or not.  Wet tested the H20 and found the neck jets really annoying and the seats a little uncomfortable.  Sooo then we went to coast and sat in the zenith.  Fell in love, totally comfortable and good seating levels for a family with small children.  Like the way the Ozone is put in the bottom of the tub, the filter being on the outside, and the waterfalls shooting from both sides!  Also the fact that we can order it with canadian western red cedar.  Dealer answered all my questions (and there were many).....so I think this is the one!  Thanks so much for your replies and helping me make this decision.

Most of the dealers I've known do not make any model available for wet testing. I know that’s not what you want to hear but its reality. Some will of course, I'm just trying to give a general idea of what I see. I'm not saying you shouldn't be disappointed, I'm just saying you shouldn't think this is simply a dealer being uncooperative.

If the Coast seems like the spa that fits you well and the dealer is someone you think will be there after the sale that’s great

3 weeks ago I swapped out and filled 3 tubs for one customer to test....and as spatech said most dealers do not, they usually have 1 or 2 filled and that's your options and for this I am very fortunate, the local jacuzzi and cal spa dealers would be sick to their stomach if they knew how many sales I took from them because I was willing to fill models that customers were actually interested in and not just the 1 or 2 of the most expensive models.  I honestly feel bad for the sales staff who work for companies that will not at least make an attempt, I mean how do you pitch someone on your wonderful product and then in the next sentence tell them they cannot try it out?

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2011, 07:58:51 pm »

smileycanuck

« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2011, 09:29:51 pm »
well said twincities!  Exactly!  I think beachcomber is used to rich people coming in and laying down 15000 for a hot tub and another 6000 for a wicker sofa (i kid you not i saw the price tag).  So for a person like me who has a set budget, they obviously don't want or need my business.  No worries....it made my choice a lot easier in the end!!!

d00nut

« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2011, 12:10:06 am »
Here are two pictures of my floor model.

That cover is a beast!  Is the foam molded like a J-400 series? 

ejf The Spa Guy

• THE SPA GUY
« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2011, 12:35:16 am »
You mentioned you like the filter outside of the tub, question why? Just curious pressured systems are not the newest filtration out there , does the water go from the main vessel thru the filter then the pump and heater , or being pressured filter does all go thro small skimmer then the pump , heater then filter and back to vessel. Ozone on the bottom,,,,, how long is the contact chamber,, but the biggest is the fit for you and the dealer who takes care of you the best,,,
Falcos Home Resort award winning hot tub retailer,

smileycanuck

« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2011, 10:38:07 am »
Hey Spa Guy!  I'm by no means an expert on the filtration system but i believe it uses the same concept as a pool filtration system where it goes through skimmer first and then filter??  When we wet tested all the hot tubs and the dealer pulled the filters out in the water is kinda grossed me out that this dirty thing was dripping in the tub that i was sharing the water with.  Some of the filters were really brown.  The coast uses an older design like you said.  THey called it a cyclonic filtration system with a water diversion blade that drives water through the filter to keep it clean. 
I also liked that the filter didn't take up space internally, the tub felt really big compared to others that lose a seat to a filter (ex jacuzzi).  THey put a floating removable cup holder tray on top of the filter.  Not a big deal, but well thought out.

ejf The Spa Guy

• THE SPA GUY
« Reply #20 on: November 17, 2011, 11:10:09 am »
On the filter demo he did that is a common filter demo. I would take a filter system that is in the main vessel over the cyclonic(bs) when he pulled out the dirty filter was that on a showroom spa he had running, it makes one wonder. All filter systems have the cyclonic action just like a sink when you turn on the water, and when you flush the toilet, they already create a vortex, and it's not to keep the filter clean, it to get full use of the filter,with the filter in the main vessel it has a surface skimmer more area versus a wall port, channel skimmer,
Falcos Home Resort award winning hot tub retailer,

smileycanuck

« Reply #21 on: November 17, 2011, 11:22:08 am »
Thanks for the info Spa Guy.  Just to clarify, I meant that when we went around to the different dealers/stores, they would pull out the filters that were in the showroom tubs to show us their system. Coast only showed us coast filters/system.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #21 on: November 17, 2011, 11:22:08 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42