What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: So you Canadians think your tough eh?  (Read 9309 times)

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
So you Canadians think your tough eh?
« on: May 04, 2004, 07:52:47 am »
You go out  in your spa when its 30 below?   Well, try going out in your spa when there is a lion on the loose.

http://www.nbc4columbus.com/news/3265460/detail.html
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Hot Tub Forum

So you Canadians think your tough eh?
« on: May 04, 2004, 07:52:47 am »

Goody

Re: So you Canadians think your tough eh?
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2004, 09:42:12 am »
I would'nt worry, I don't think big cats like water. ;)

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2004, 10:09:46 am »
They have to drink don't they?  Actually, there is several miles of urban area and a 10 lane highway between us and the spotting.  Two nearby golf courses might make an inviting place to spend the night.  Gives new meaning to the term  course hazard.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Goody

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2004, 01:57:42 pm »
Next time I'll think twice before lion about my score. Sorry I just couldn't help the bad pun.

ZzTop

• Beachcomber 550x owner
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2004, 06:46:02 pm »
Well we have COUGARS, up here.  The four legged variety and the two legged ones.  
Now the two legged ones are often found in Bars drinking our full bodied beer,  They can sometimes be high maintenance kittys.   Ah life is tough, i think I will just get in my hot tub and relax.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2004, 06:47:08 pm by ZzTop »

Perk1

• Relaxed when wet....
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2004, 08:26:51 am »
You aint seen nothing until you've seen the Southern New Jersey Grey Squirrel.  Talk about a vicious animal....They've been known to bite the top right of an acorn....LOL

doodoo

• Sundance Optima Owner - and lovin' it
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2004, 08:43:33 am »
Honey. Were are you going with your shotgun?  :o

To soak in my tub! ;D

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2004, 11:44:13 am »
Now the two legged ones are often found in Bars drinking our full bodied beer,

I've been there and seen them. The beer may be full bodied but many of those two legged creatures cwere ultrafull bodied from what I'd seen.

BTW, I've always wondered, does a Northern Canadian move down to Toronto in the winter to take advantage of their southern climate much as a New Yorker goes down to Florida to hibernate?
« Last Edit: May 05, 2004, 11:54:30 am by Spatech_tuo »
220, 221, whatever it takes!

doodoo

• Sundance Optima Owner - and lovin' it
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2004, 12:29:37 pm »
BTW, I've always wondered, does a Northern Canadian move down to Toronto in the winter to take advantage of their southern climate much as a New Yorker goes down to Florida to hibernate?

I was just in Iqualuit, Nunavut, Canada's newest territory (yes there is still snow there at this time of year) and a charter jet was at the airport that was headed straight to Cuba.  But I was also in Whitehorse, Yukon a month back ( and yes there was still snow there at that time too) (what can I say I travel extensively for work) and I found out that there is a daily direct flight from Frankfurt, Germany for German tourists. Seems that they can't get enough of those northern lights.

But the highlight of that trip was to go for a soak in a friends Vanguard in the evening under the northern lights.  What a show that was.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2004, 12:30:20 pm by doodoo »

ZzTop

• Beachcomber 550x owner
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2004, 02:54:13 pm »

We call them Snow Birds, during the winter they go to Florida too.

Of course in beautiful Vancouver we play all year long, golf, boating, you name it.  On top of all that we keep the snow on the mountains where it belongs in Whistler.

The California of Canada.

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2004, 07:34:06 am »
No word on the lion, though he is reportedly inside of the outerbelt, but he is moving in a line parallel to our house and not getting any closer.  

Strangely enough, there is no video of him, and nobody has shown paw prints on TV. Everytime they think they have him cornered out pops a coyote or a deer.

Still credible sources claim to have seen a female lion weighing an estimated 300-400 pounds.  

Julie

• Sundance Cameo owner
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2004, 10:11:52 pm »
The California of Canada.

Except that it rains SOOO much all the time!  Everyday! :(  (Lived there for a couple of months, was so happy when it didn't rain one day.  Never left home without an umbrella)

ZzTop

• Beachcomber 550x owner
« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2004, 01:00:40 am »
Heh Julie come back!
We broke records in April for weather, thanks to global warming we have had weather just like summer already.
See you at the Winter Olympics in 2010 Vancouver B.C.

SpaGuy911

« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2011, 08:28:28 pm »
Went to the link and it says cotton farmer finds womans body in cotton feild?

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2011, 08:28:28 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42