What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Leak Question  (Read 2524 times)

Tleo

Leak Question
« on: November 07, 2011, 11:07:39 pm »
I have a 2011 Jacuzzi J480 that has developed a very small leak in it.  The leak is occurring at the connection point from one of the jet pumps to the 1/2 plastic tubing that comes out of it. 

My question is---Is this something I can fix myself?  If so, what do I need to do?  Since I bought the tub from a private party, it isn't under warranty so even though this is clearly a warranty issue, it would probably cost me a few hundred dollars to fix it.  I am a relatively handy person but I can't figure out how the connection works from the tubing to the pump.  If there are any Jacuzzi dealers out there, I would appreciate your help.

Thanks.

Hot Tub Forum

Leak Question
« on: November 07, 2011, 11:07:39 pm »

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
Re: Leak Question
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2011, 07:17:00 pm »
Does it look like the fitting is cracked? Is it possible it just needs a hose clamp of some sort?

For a hose clamp - no big deal. For a crack, gently remove the hose and try water proof epoxy to hold it together. If the tube come off without disturbing the crack just try the epoxy on the outside of the nipple.

Maybe take photos.

hotter25

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2011, 06:42:55 am »
I would definitely try and fix this yourself.  Generally, these connections can be separated.  Once you have it apart, you can either use the epoxy that is mention above, or you could try and splice a new piece in, which would require you to take a piece to the store.  You should find some options at your local pool supplies store.  I agree that this is a warranty issue, but as you said, that is not applicable.  If you do splice the connection, make sure you get some slack in the line.  This might help prevent future cracking or problems.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2011, 02:46:54 pm by hotter25 »

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2011, 06:42:55 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42