What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: My tub arrived today- hubby wants to go in tonight but i'm unsure  (Read 3769 times)

jmosery

My tub arrived today- hubby wants to go in tonight but i'm unsure
« on: September 20, 2011, 01:46:33 pm »
We just got our Sundance Chelsea delivered today

its on a spa pad

the electrician is there now but the inspector wont be there for a day or two to inspect the trench and then they have to come for a final inspection

the dealer is going to come out either friday or saturday to show us everything but hubby wants to go in tonight

we know nothing about the tub. i feel like we should have everything "finished" before we go on. Hubby is reading the manual but should we wait till the dealer comes out to show us

wait to get the water tested?

we never owned a spa. we dont know what to keep the tub temp on. how to set it if we have to set it

is it okay to go in tonight? would you?

Hot Tub Forum

My tub arrived today- hubby wants to go in tonight but i'm unsure
« on: September 20, 2011, 01:46:33 pm »

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
Re: My tub arrived today- hubby wants to go in tonight but i'm unsure
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2011, 03:10:36 pm »
We just got our Sundance Chelsea delivered today

its on a spa pad

the electrician is there now but the inspector wont be there for a day or two to inspect the trench and then they have to come for a final inspection

the dealer is going to come out either friday or saturday to show us everything but hubby wants to go in tonight

we know nothing about the tub. i feel like we should have everything "finished" before we go on. Hubby is reading the manual but should we wait till the dealer comes out to show us

wait to get the water tested?

we never owned a spa. we dont know what to keep the tub temp on. how to set it if we have to set it

is it okay to go in tonight? would you?

If it's up to temp go in!!! Make sure you sanitize the water when you get out.
Retired

jmosery

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2011, 03:32:01 pm »
sanitize with what?

we are going to get the water tested after 48 hours

we can run out and buy what we need though

what should we buy? we haven't gotten any chemicals yet. they said they would give them to us when we bring in our first water sample in 48 hours

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2011, 04:39:49 pm »
Buy some granular dichlor from your dealer or any spa store. Just add 1 teaspoon per person when you're all done for the night and the water will be fine until you get it tested and the dealer sets you up on some routine.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

jmosery

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2011, 05:59:32 pm »
thanks

my husband went and bought some chemicals and did what they said(not really sure). how long after you put the chemicals in do you put the cover back on to keep the heat in?

Waterbug

« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2011, 09:43:41 am »
You can cover it right away.  Be sure to run it at least 15 minutes after adding a chemical.   You should also run it for 15 minutes between adding different chemicals.  Most don't react with each other but running it 15 minutes between chemicals, prevents any possibility of a problem.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2011, 09:43:41 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42