What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Looking for advice on choosing between a Marquis Mirage and an Artesian Nevis  (Read 3956 times)

Vincent

Hello everyone,

I'm new to this forum and live in Europe (Belgium). We are a family of 4 persons and would like to purchase a spa (4 to 5 persons). We have been looking around and the 2 models that we liked are the Marquis Mirage and Artesian Nevis. Important for us, besides having good massage jets, is the overall built quality of the spa (mostly translated by the warranty given by manufacturer) and the power comsumption. Over here, electricity is not very cheap, we pay 0.22 EUR / Kw.

We would like to buy an american Spa, however we are not at all familiar with the different american brands. After reading a some of the post on this forum, I have the impression that 2 brands are always popping up above most other brands, Hotspring and Sundance. I've visited Hotspring but they are too expensive for us (a simple 4 seater starts at 15k EUR) Sundance is not available in Belgium.

We do have some Artesian dealers over here, so we've visited a dealer and he demonstrated us the (Island) Nevis, a 5 person spa. I was quite impressed by the Nevis, different types of jets, adjustable power, quite a spacious for 4 persons. What I did'nt like was the different replies I got when asking for the power consumption. One said 1 EUR per day, another one said 2 EUR per day. When I made the calculation myself on the power consumption  I came to 3 EUR per day. (based on an annual consumption of 5.000 Kw). Warranty on the Artesian is 2 years on the electronic parts, 5y on the shell and 12y on the construction.

Today I visited a dealer of Marquis and simply based on the RRP they showed me, I have the impression that the Marquis brand is higher postitioned than Artesian Island brand.
The only model that fitted our budget is the Mirage, a slim and elegant 4 person spa. The Mirage looks like a very nice Spa. I'm only wondering what it would be when using it with 4 adults. It's less spacious than the Nevis and am afraid that it might feel a little overcrowed.
I have the impression (it is a personal impression) that the built quality of the Marquis is higher than the Artesian Island. The warranty is also much higher. 5 years on electronic parts, 10y on the shell, etc.
The calculations on  the power consumption they present in their brochures are quite impressive. Around 150 Kw per month for the Mirage...

I really would appreciate your feedback on both models.

We like the Nevis because of its space and variety of jets, however I'm a little concerned on the power consumption and also the warranty is much less when compared with Marquis.

We like the Mirage because it is a slim and elegant model, has also a variety of jets, looks more energy efficient than the Nevis, comes with longer warranty, however my main concern is its space inside the tub, especially when using it with 4 adults.

Please give me your 2 cents  ;)

Hot Tub Forum

dodgyswa

Hello,
Not sure I'll be much help here. 1st of all, don't know much about Artesian, other than from what I have read, it's a very high quality tub. I DID take delivery of a Marquis Mirage about 2 weeks ago, and so far absolutely LOVE it. Although, I would wet-test it first, if you have the opportunity. Make sure your dealer fully explains the Tri-Zone system on the tub. You'll either love it, or hate it. As for the number of people that it can comfortably fit, I would say that 3 people maximum with plently of room. 4 people might be a little tight, and you might be fighting for leg room. 5 people, definately not!... Since I've only had it for about 2 weeks, can't speak yet on it's energy efficiency. It is a very well made, solid tub, with a unique design. It is also full foam insulated which should help in cold weather. .. Anyway, that's my 2 cents on my new Mirage.. Good luck with your search. Let me know if you have any other questions. All the best.

Hot Tub Forum

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42