What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: How to Remove Skimmer Shield Brackets ?  (Read 4548 times)

pratzert

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
How to Remove Skimmer Shield Brackets ?
« on: July 23, 2011, 11:10:54 am »
Hi Everyone!

I have a Jacuzzi J-350 and the clips/brackets that hole hte skimmer shiled/cover have been broken by too many kids playing in the tub. ( Plus old age I think.)

I have the replacement brackets/clips, but the ones I need to replace are epoxied in place or held with some sort of adhesive which the local store said was epoxy.

I want to be sure to avoid any damage to the tub surface when I remove the old brackets, but so far, I have not found a solution to safely remove th eold clips/brackets.

Any of you experts have experience and suggestions on how to get the old ones off ?  And which type of epoxy to use to secure the new ones ?

Thanks for any help and suggestions.

Regards,  Tim

Hot Tub Forum

How to Remove Skimmer Shield Brackets ?
« on: July 23, 2011, 11:10:54 am »

pratzert

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Re: How to Remove Skimmer Shield Brackets ?
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2011, 01:20:44 pm »
Update:  I have had success removing the old brackets using a stiff putty knife, a hammer and patience.

So now the only question is which epoxy do I use to secure the new brackets onto the tub shell ?

I assume it would have to be some sort of waterproof epoxy, but what do the Jacuzzi repair techs use?  Is there something similar in the store for the homeowner to buy ?

Thanks.

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2011, 08:05:58 pm »
 Which psc broke the ones on the spa or the shield itself?  On the spa I have just used a flat head screwdriver and tapped on it whit a hammer and the pop right off.   I then cleaned the area with alcohol and used a waterproof 2 part epoxy.    Pretty much the same if it's the shield side but much more carefuller in popping the hooks off. 

pratzert

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2011, 12:50:57 pm »
Thanks for the info JacuzziJim.

I did manage to get all of the old epoxy cleaned off and gave the area a wipe wityh Acetone.

I then used a waterproof 2-part epoxy to set th enew brackest and let 'em set for 24 hours.

I then filled the tub up and now I'm back in business.

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2011, 01:49:34 pm »
  Great!!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2011, 01:49:34 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42