What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Old hot tub thermostate...need help  (Read 2025 times)

RoadRunner

Old hot tub thermostate...need help
« on: July 31, 2011, 10:51:53 am »
I have just reserected a old hot tub I bought off craigs list. New gaskets all around and pump seals. Everything works fine and the main pumps comes on with the heater to keep temp up. Problem is with the thermostate cranked all the way it maintains 102 degrees. I live in western NY and winter is coming and was wondering if the thermostate might be bad causing me not to be able to achive higher temps. Any ideas? I think from the jets it is a Hydro Air hot tub.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2011, 12:54:50 pm by RoadRunner »

Hot Tub Forum

Old hot tub thermostate...need help
« on: July 31, 2011, 10:51:53 am »

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
Re: Old hot tub thermostate...need help
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2011, 05:57:43 pm »
Hydro Air only makes plastic fittings (jets and such). Without more info on the brand and model of spa you have, little help can be given.
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

RoadRunner

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2011, 06:25:05 pm »
Can not find any place any where that says make or model. It was just a shell tub with no box when I got it and built a box for it. It is 8 x 8 and the spa pack says Nu-Wave? From online looking it looks like a NU-1000. Thats all I can give you.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2011, 06:34:28 pm by RoadRunner »

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2011, 09:41:17 pm »
Nu-Wave.....there you go.

If the pump stops running when it reaches maximum temp, it's probably a bad thermostat.
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2011, 09:41:17 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42