What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Roughly What Price Would I Be Looking At For A Decent Hot Tub For 4 People...  (Read 3163 times)

spiralson

& Yearly Running Costs?

I'm sorry if this is a recurring question but i am struggling to find a ballpark figure for my question.

Me and the wife are looking for another way for us to spend quality time together. We both agree a hot tub would be relaxing and also a way to get a bit closer and adventurous (if you know what i mean ;D).

We also want something the kids could use when they are a bit older as well.

We would be happy with a used tub, as long as the brand is reliable, but we also need to consider energy costs and running costs such as chemicals, water replacement and spare parts.

Any feedback will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Hot Tub Forum

bradleyabell

You can buy a 4 person tub from $2-3k all the way up to probably 12-13k...All depends on your budget and what you're looking for!

castletonia

Depends on what you consider a decent hot tub.  You can get something basic like a Nordic Retreat or a Freeflow Monterey for somewhere around $5k I believe and the quality will be acceptable, but the hot tub will be basic.  You can step up to the $7k pricepoint where you can get into a entry level hot tub from Hot Spring, Jacuzzi, Caldera, Marquis, Bullfrog, Sundance, Artesian, Arctic, and D1 and your going to have a more aesthetically pleasing spa with more therapy, lights, filtration, etc. 

Used is difficult because brand and condition are very important.  If you can't see a used hot tub filled, heated, and running, then its basically worth nothing. 

I would start by going on the webites of the brands I listed above and use their dealer locators to see who you have locally and start there.  If you don't have the option available locally, then its not worth considering.  Find out if you can run 220V or if you are limited to a 115V option.  Also look into your local retailers.  The dealer is as important as the brand since they are the ones who should be taking care of your service needs after the sale.

Beck0101

There are a lot of free tubs available if you're interesting in having one repaired/updated by a local dealer (if available).

The higher end tubs will cost quite a bit less to run.  Newer tubs, similarly, will also cost less to run.  Insulation has come a long way in the past decade.

For four people you'll want a six person tub.  A newish tub should be $20-40 per month in electric, more in winter maybe.  More in "very high cost regions" on east coast and west coast.  A couple hundred dollars per year in chemicals...that should be about it??

spiralson

Wow, thanks for all the replies guys, much appreciated!

Looks like i have a bit of researching to do then, some of them price points are a bit high! I'll have to see what I can find.

castletonia

This is an industry where you get what you pay for.  If you want 15-20 year life expectancy without a lot of repairs then expect to pay premium pricing.  If you are a DIY type person who can fix things, then used may be a good option.  Just go into this with an open mind and reasonable expectations.  And if you go the used route, any hot tub from a private party should be filled, heated, and running.  If its empty expect the worst and hope for the best.

Hot Tub Forum

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42