What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: 2012 models  (Read 3411 times)

NurseN2000

2012 models
« on: June 19, 2011, 09:37:10 pm »
I was wondering when hot tub dealers will start bringing out the 2012 models?  It's averaging around 105 degrees here in my area right now, so I'm not in a rush to buy a tub; just wondering if I should wait and maybe purchase a 2012 model instead?  Do they do much updating between years generally?  More importantly, does it work like the auto industry, where they will try to sell out the previous years models that may be in stock for a discounted rate?  I realize they don't have a lot of tubs sitting around in the dealerships or hanging around at the manufacturer, but one dealer led me to believe that popular color tubs are easier to get in stock quicker, so I'm thinking they must keep at least some on hand.  Is there a possibility of some nice savings on the 2011 models in the near future?  This is my first time to look at hot tubs, so any advice would be appreciated.  It won't cool off here until at least mid October, so I have plenty of time to decide before I really want to jump into the tub!
« Last Edit: June 19, 2011, 11:06:09 pm by NurseN2000 »

Hot Tub Forum

2012 models
« on: June 19, 2011, 09:37:10 pm »

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
Re: 2012 models
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2011, 10:59:06 am »
Hot tubs are obviously difficult to store in quanitity so neither dealers not the manufacturer ever have a lot of stock on hand. Mostly they are built per orders. When the new ones comes out (it varies but probably Jan/Feb-ish) they do have to sell the previous year inventory but often that equates to the floor models themselves which get discounted more for being a floor model than for the year change so I'm not sure I'd say they're discounted heavily, some will more than others. If its time to get one now, get it. If you don't mind waiting, wait. I wouldn't expect major changes and some will make almost none.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

VTXMAN

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2011, 11:13:44 am »
I doubt there is anything coming that is a game changer, most changes by all the manufactures in the last few years has been aesthetics.

ejf The Spa Guy

• THE SPA GUY
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2011, 01:19:10 pm »
On the release of the 2012 it depends on the manufacturer . some will start in November, some in January after the holidays,, As for a dealer to still have 2011 ion stock there may be dealers that do, and if they are starting to pay interest they will want to move the spa...but we already half way throught the year, and if there are dealers with 2011 spas they either do not move a lot of spas, or stocked to heavy this last year... i have not had a 2011 spa since January....But like VTXMAN said there probably not enough changes right now. as we start to get of the stagnant economy you will start to see some things happen...
Falcos Home Resort award winning hot tub retailer,

NurseN2000

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2011, 10:36:01 pm »
Ok, thanks so much for the info...  I could sort of all ready see (by my recent visits to all the local dealers) what seems to change is they all seem to be "phasing out" a color of shell (or cabinet) and "introducing" a new color (of shell or cabinet), so it sounds like that's pretty much what you all are saying might change on the newer models... good to know, i think i will just wait until after this summer heat wave and make my purchase sometime in late August/early September as I had planned, whatever model year is available when I go is what I will buy!! ;).  Am looking forward to having it in place by late fall when the weather really cools off for the year!
« Last Edit: June 20, 2011, 10:38:08 pm by NurseN2000 »

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2011, 07:07:45 am »
I will key in on one statement you made.  Your not in any hurry to buy a tub.  If shopping and occasionally spending an hour in a hot tub store isn't a terrible thing, make it work to your advantage.  Dealers see at least 3 types of buyers.  Impulse buyers, "lookey-lou's" and cautious, but serious ones.  They know they have to work hardest on the third type.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

ejf The Spa Guy

• THE SPA GUY
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2011, 12:08:41 pm »
great point,,, just do some occasional visits to the local dealers...
Falcos Home Resort award winning hot tub retailer,

NurseN2000

« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2011, 10:15:17 pm »
I will key in on one statement you made.  Your not in any hurry to buy a tub.  If shopping and occasionally spending an hour in a hot tub store isn't a terrible thing, make it work to your advantage.  Dealers see at least 3 types of buyers.  Impulse buyers, "lookey-lou's" and cautious, but serious ones.  They know they have to work hardest on the third type.

yes, well I am definately the third type, I am actually really enjoying the shopping experience to the fullest...especially since it's been way too hot for a hot tub in my backyard to sound very appealing right now lol.  No worries though, it will be cool when fall rolls around, and the winters here are icy cold too, so there will be plenty of months for hot soaks in the near future  ;D

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2011, 10:15:17 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42