What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Hot tubs for chronic pain  (Read 6662 times)

hottubvirgin

Hot tubs for chronic pain
« on: May 03, 2011, 10:27:40 pm »
I took the advice of the forum and my husband and I tried out a hot springs jet setter. It was great and we really like the seller.

I have chronic pain and was wondering if anyone has advice about hot tubs to help pain.

Also, we are planning a major house renovation in 2012.  We would have to have an outlet installed for the hot tub.  I'm wondering if we should just wait.

Thanks for any responses.

Hot Tub Forum

Hot tubs for chronic pain
« on: May 03, 2011, 10:27:40 pm »

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
Re: Hot tubs for chronic pain
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2011, 04:49:09 pm »
 Any spa can really give good relief for chronic pain, some better than others.   I'd say wet test a few and see what you like better than the Jet setter if nothing hits you right there ya go.    End of the year can be a good time to buy if your not doing anything till then. 

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2011, 05:02:30 pm »
I took the advice of the forum and my husband and I tried out a hot springs jet setter. It was great and we really like the seller.

I have chronic pain and was wondering if anyone has advice about hot tubs to help pain.

Also, we are planning a major house renovation in 2012.  We would have to have an outlet installed for the hot tub.  I'm wondering if we should just wait.

Thanks for any responses.

I find the hot water itself to be the biggest seller (plus the jet massage of course but 80+% of the time I'm in it I have the jets off). Just sitting in that 101º water does wonders for me.

When buying a hot tub factor in more than just the price. Take into account who makes it (quality of maker, energy efficiency and their willingness to back the product varies from one to another). Factor in your comfort level with the dealer; they'll be your dealer for years to come, not just for the sale itself. Of course factor in the wet test results, not all spas will feel alike even if they look similarly designed.

You seem to be on the right track since you’ve already wet tested. Take your time and stick around to let us know how it goes and to ask questions as you proceed.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Spalady

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2011, 07:13:56 pm »
The Jetsetter is a fabulous choice! And since you can run this on 110 volt/ 20 amp plug, getting it wired shouldn’t be an obstacle to get the relief you need NOW.. Really I have had back pain and to me, there is no reason anyone should postpone getting a product that helps give them comfort. Prices won’t be different, in fact they will probably go up. REmember, spas are made from materials that are increasing in costs so waiting makes no sense.

This is the #1 selling spas from Hot Springs and there is a good reason for that. Happy tubbing.   :)
In Hot Water and Loving it since 1976.

hthompson90

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2011, 11:02:33 am »
Try those with loungers.

JulieMor

• IBEW Member since 1974
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2011, 11:30:24 am »
About 20 years ago I went to visit a friend.  The trip was already planned when I threw my back out at work (again!)  We drove 8 hours to get to their house and when I got out of the car I couldn't stand up straight.  They had just installed a Hot Springs spa and my friend (who is a doctor) suggested we take a soak and catch up on things.  When I got out one of my kids said, "You're standing up straight!"  I realized the pain and the knot in my back were gone.

After a few other back episodes we decided to get a hot tub of our own.  In 1993 we bought a Grandee and never regretted it.  Over the years I've left a lot of aches and pains in that tub.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2011, 11:30:24 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42