What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Hello  (Read 3969 times)

jbaz6262

Hello
« on: March 13, 2011, 04:17:30 am »
Hello im new to the hot tub world as i have just came into ownership of an old sundance rio, everything seems to be great with it it all seems to work but is there anything i should be looking for? is there anything i should know? any info would be greatly appreciated! thanks again!     

Hot Tub Forum

Hello
« on: March 13, 2011, 04:17:30 am »

2tubagain

Re: Hello
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2011, 09:59:21 am »
Did you purchase tub?

Did it come with a home purchase?

I would look for a dealer in your area and spend the money up front to have it checked by there service folks.
Make sure they have been in business around the same time your tub was built and are autherized dealer and service trained, sundance customer service should be able to help with this.
Then when service tech gives the list of needed items tell them you will think on it and then post what was found here.
and will go from there.

jbaz6262

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2011, 05:21:06 pm »
Yes it came with the home i recently bought at the moment its up and running and the water is sitting at 101 according to the temp display and all the jets seem to function along with the air, ill go ahead and have someone take a look at it like you say and we can go from there, but the tub seems to have been well taken care of i know the house has been empty for at least two years but care taker or someone must have been taken care of it as the water is  VERY clear and the inside of the tub it self has no water staining around it not like i would expect for something that's just been sitting lol but i suppose i could be wrong like i said im new to the hot tub but i have always wanted one, i was told this is a 1998 sundance rio so its an oldie but i hope everything on it is as up to par as it seems, the out side wood looks to have seen better days but the cover itself is in good shape

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2011, 07:07:04 am »
It does sound like it was cared for, but among other things people will mention, find out where the filters are and check out their condition.  Maybe pull them out and rinse them off.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

jbaz6262

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2011, 01:54:41 pm »
ok ill do that thanks! its nice to see people that are able to help and willing too lol

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2011, 05:12:29 pm »
Yes it came with the home i recently bought at the moment its up and running and the water is sitting at 101 according to the temp display and all the jets seem to function along with the air, ill go ahead and have someone take a look at it like you say and we can go from there, but the tub seems to have been well taken care of i know the house has been empty for at least two years but care taker or someone must have been taken care of it as the water is  VERY clear and the inside of the tub it self has no water staining around it not like i would expect for something that's just been sitting lol but i suppose i could be wrong like i said im new to the hot tub but i have always wanted one, i was told this is a 1998 sundance rio so its an oldie but i hope everything on it is as up to par as it seems, the out side wood looks to have seen better days but the cover itself is in good shape

Maybe power wash the wood after you spray some deck cleaner on it then give it a quick rub with some tung oil.
Retired

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2011, 07:04:53 am »
Did it come with a cover?  If so, does it feel heavy and waterlogged?  It should be easy for one person to open.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

jbaz6262

« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2011, 12:36:56 pm »
ok great any cleaner that i should use in particular? and no the cover does not seem heavy i can open it on my own fairly easy but it looks a little dried out no cracks or tears that i have seen, any ideas on putting a lil shine lol or life in general back into it? Thanks again for all the help

SerjicalStrike

• Reinstate Hank Williams!!
    • Great Bay Spa and Sauna
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2011, 12:40:40 pm »
Gel Gloss for the shell

303 cover protectant for the cover

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2011, 12:40:40 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42