What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: newbie wondering if ebay can be a good cheap purchase or not?  (Read 4006 times)

alyon

newbie wondering if ebay can be a good cheap purchase or not?
« on: January 27, 2011, 06:07:52 pm »
Hi,

I've just started looking into getting a hot tub and it would seem the prices in the US are much cheaper than the UK and am wondering if anyone could provide their opinions on purchasing something like this http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Mana-164-Jet-6-seat-15-HP-Hot-Tub-Therapy-Spa-Wrnty-/140505655996?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item20b6ca2abc over a specified brand name or whether I should just accept I need to pay over the odds in order to have wet tested some and picked one I know for sure I will like?

Cheers,
Andy

Hot Tub Forum

newbie wondering if ebay can be a good cheap purchase or not?
« on: January 27, 2011, 06:07:52 pm »

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
Re: newbie wondering if ebay can be a good cheap purchase or not?
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2011, 06:39:19 pm »
Too many horror stories about buying these spas on e-bay. One of the reasons they are cheap is because they're usually junk (and often chinese made junk) and ignore any metnion of a warranty becasue they'll simply ignore you when you try to use it.

The old saying is "you get what you pay for" and in this case you won't get much.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2011, 07:40:26 pm »
  Reading some of the feed backs most would think it's the greatest thing since sliced bread and by the looks of it it's quite a few people.

The one thing you don't see are all the complaints from people that have had it longer than 3 months.

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2011, 07:49:50 pm »
Can anyone confirm this spa is made in the US as claimed? There's no such brade as Mana over here, and I don't knowe of anyone putting that many jets in a spa....other than the cheap Chinese junk.
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

ejf The Spa Guy

• THE SPA GUY
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2011, 09:34:28 pm »
If you check out their info on the link , boy it rambles on and on,, they reference they are built in California, and have been since 1973 !!!!!, Mountain Harbour Spas, the link to a website that says coming soon www.get-a-spa.com , When you read the info on the link he states that the owner of the company will not disclose the brand as to not wanting screw their dealer base, escentially, he states they use waterway jets , aqua flo pumps, not a third country build , warranty is 10/5/3 and have a service tech base all over the world and they have to authorize the service,,,,, there are 2 pictures on the link but you really can't tell of the brand.......But i would stay away from the ebay brands to many horror stories like Spatech mentioned...Pay a little more for a premium brand that will last a long time and have support.
Falcos Home Resort award winning hot tub retailer,

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2011, 11:35:33 am »
If you check out their info on the link , boy it rambles on and on,, they reference they are built in California, and have been since 1973 !!!!!, Mountain Harbour Spas, the link to a website that says coming soon www.get-a-spa.com , When you read the info on the link he states that the owner of the company will not disclose the brand as to not wanting screw their dealer base,

"Delaer network", yeah right, none of us have heard of them for a reason. I bet their dealers gets together on Friday nights to watch old Jackie Chan movies and I doubt they need the subtitles.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

D1Dennis2009

« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2011, 02:07:24 pm »
I wouldn't recommend buying any spa or product without support to back it up. Beside the fact that most major manufacturers will not sell on E-bay or Craigslist or anything similiar with someone to support the warranty.

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2011, 06:58:45 pm »
If your looking for a tub and sticker shock has you wondering why these things cost 7-10 g's and you can't afford that. Then wait to save enough for a high quality well backed tub. Or look for a good deal on a used tub from a high quality manufacturer. Or...get a value tub from Costco. You'll have a return policy that can't be beat. But don't expect it to be much more than swirling hot water.
Retired

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2011, 06:58:45 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42