What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Possible used tub vs new nordic  (Read 2415 times)

btmonroe

Possible used tub vs new nordic
« on: January 06, 2011, 11:28:56 am »
I have located a Solana SX tub in my area that someone wants to sell. They have owed it less than a year and are asking $3k for it. I have a feeling, they will take less. I have been playing with the idea of a hot tub, and really looking at the smaller footprint tubs (most of the time it will be just me). A couple of questions:
1) Anyone have any experience with the Solana SX tub? Is it a decent deal?

2) Would I be able to move the tub with a trailer, or should I try and have the local spa seller (who sold it to them) to move it for me and just pay them (they want $500 to move it).

I originally liked the Nordic Retreat. It is a little bit larger and will hold 5 (i do have 2 kids). Can anyone compare the 2?

Hot Tub Forum

Possible used tub vs new nordic
« on: January 06, 2011, 11:28:56 am »

soak-king

• Where did that dang duck go anyway?
    • Backyard Oasis
Re: Possible used tub vs new nordic
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2011, 12:49:06 pm »
I don't have experience with Nordic but the Solana SX is a nice "space saver" designed spa from the same makers of HotSpring spas. It has 3 jetted seats and a "cool down seat" or "entry step" whichever you want to call it. We have sold quite a few and had very few service calls. This being said, I would advise you to see the spa filled and running before any money changes hands.  ;)
If you can smile when things go wrong, you have someone in mind to blame.

It IS as bad as you think and they ARE out to get you.

RobertB

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2011, 06:32:02 pm »
I have used both and will warn you that the solana is not as comfortable. I am a fan of hot springs(they build a great spa) but I would go with the new nordic over the used solana. The nordic will have a warranty. And (for me at least) is a more comfortable spa.

Try them both out if you can.

Good Luck
RobertB

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2011, 06:32:02 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42