What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Newbie in Indy - 6 person tub recommendations  (Read 2732 times)

confused1

Newbie in Indy - 6 person tub recommendations
« on: December 07, 2010, 11:15:20 am »
Hello everyone. I have used, but have not owned hot tubs. We are moving to Indianapolis. I want to buy hot tub for my wife for christmas. She will be the primary user. She already has visions of parties and making new friends.  I have tried to do my homework, but could use some advice. The budget is $5500-6500 for the spa. The makes that are available that I am considering include Hot Springs, Sundance, Caldera, and Artesian. The dealers have been good. They don't knock the competition, but obviously promote their own product.

What models should I be looking at from the respective manufacturers to get as close to as possible and apples to apples comparison. I tend to be a bang for the buck purchaser. The last few days the temperature has been in the single digits, so efficiency is important, but therapuetic benefit, reliability, and longevity are also considerations.

Help!

- J

Hot Tub Forum

Newbie in Indy - 6 person tub recommendations
« on: December 07, 2010, 11:15:20 am »

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
Re: Newbie in Indy - 6 person tub recommendations
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2010, 01:03:18 pm »
Welcome to the forum, most 6 person spa will be lower quality at that price. Are you already in Indy?
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

confused1

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2010, 01:19:41 pm »
In the process of moving in, furniture delivery next week.  I realize the budget is going to eliminate certain choices - but that's why they call it a budget.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2010, 01:23:01 pm »
Hello everyone. I have used, but have not owned hot tubs. We are moving to Indianapolis. I want to buy hot tub for my wife for christmas. She will be the primary user. She already has visions of parties and making new friends.  I have tried to do my homework, but could use some advice. The budget is $5500-6500 for the spa. The makes that are available that I am considering include Hot Springs, Sundance, Caldera, and Artesian. The dealers have been good. They don't knock the competition, but obviously promote their own product.

What models should I be looking at from the respective manufacturers to get as close to as possible and apples to apples comparison. I tend to be a bang for the buck purchaser. The last few days the temperature has been in the single digits, so efficiency is important, but therapuetic benefit, reliability, and longevity are also considerations.

Help!

- J

Those are good spa makers and while they all make $10k spas they also make product lines for those whose budgets are more limited. I'd take a look at Hot Springs Hot Spot series, Sundance 600 series and Caldera Vacanza series.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

soak-king

• Where did that dang duck go anyway?
    • Backyard Oasis
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2010, 05:19:05 pm »
A Hot Spot Relay might be found within your budget.  :)

If you find a HotSpring dealer with any Tiger River models in stock you just might be able to negotiate a good price.  ;)

If you can smile when things go wrong, you have someone in mind to blame.

It IS as bad as you think and they ARE out to get you.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2010, 05:19:05 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42