What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Looking at a used Caldera Geneva  (Read 5017 times)

rocks911

Looking at a used Caldera Geneva
« on: November 20, 2010, 12:31:23 pm »
for sale $3500. It's been in storage for 2 years. Might that be a problem?

By the way, just found this site, first post, thanks so much for this resource!

I'm a Captain/Firefighter/Medic in a Dallas suburb and as my 50th birthday is approaching I'm thinking more and more about a spa, my aching bones need it. Anyhow, Just getting my toe wet so-to-speak in this whole topic so please be gentle.

Hot Tub Forum

Looking at a used Caldera Geneva
« on: November 20, 2010, 12:31:23 pm »

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
Re: Looking at a used Caldera Geneva
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2010, 12:57:58 pm »
 How old is the spa overall, not a bad price but you might want them to fire it up if possible?  If they won't/can't offer 3 grand or less see what happens?

rocks911

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2010, 01:01:03 pm »
It's a 2005. In a storage facility so I dont see that it would be possible to fire it up. But I'm thinking along the same lines of shooting an offer.

Is this a good line? Any known issues?

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2010, 01:28:19 pm »
 Its considered a good spa brand, but its only truly good if it runs?   Chances are you would be ok, parts should be readily available if there is a problem with it.   If it was put in storage 2 years ago possible it might need new shaft seals and or some simple part type things hard to really say.  Is he/she willing to negotiate at all considering its 5 years old 3500 to me is high on taking a chance if it will leak,run and be a money pit in the future.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2010, 07:36:37 pm »
It's a 2005. In a storage facility so I dont see that it would be possible to fire it up. But I'm thinking along the same lines of shooting an offer.

Is this a good line? Any known issues?

Its a good brand and the price is right if its in working order. Therefore, offer $2500 because of the added risk.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

rocks911

« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2010, 06:45:51 am »
My offer of $2500 was accepted, so we'll see. Wish me luck. I may be back soon posting with a vengence, haha.

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2010, 11:42:28 am »
Do give us a report when you get it fired up.  Did you get the owner's manual?  Sub panel?

For owner's manual and wiring instructions go to http://www.calderaspas.com/Customer/manuals_delivery_guides.html.
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

Vanguard

« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2010, 03:54:46 pm »
Good luck with it.  The Geneva is a great spa.  I think you'll be able to get any repairs that may need to be done for under the $1,000 you negotiated off the price.  You'll need to find a good repair company.  Caldera is sold by Rec Warehouse in Allen.  The only issue with them is they don't actually service spas, but they should have names of repair companies they can recommend.
The stars at night are big and bright, deep in the heart of Texas and my Vanguard!!!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2010, 03:54:46 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42