What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Spa Christening Tonight  (Read 3798 times)

bikz

Spa Christening Tonight
« on: December 01, 2010, 04:45:56 pm »
Done, complete, finished ;D.

Doing every step yourself and by yourself has its challenges but it is rewarding too.

Splash Down - 6PM Pacific Time 8)

There are three kinds of men. Those who learn by reading. Those who learn by observation. And, those who have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.

Will Rogers

Hot Tub Forum

Spa Christening Tonight
« on: December 01, 2010, 04:45:56 pm »

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
Re: Spa Christening Tonight
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2010, 05:56:20 pm »
Done, complete, finished ;D.

Doing every step yourself and by yourself has its challenges but it is rewarding too.

Splash Down - 6PM Pacific Time 8)

Congrats but do yourself a favor and make sure the temp hits 3 digits before you go in. I know you are anxious but a 95º spa just isn't the same so if it heats slower than anticipated wait it out.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2010, 10:14:01 pm »
Lol Spatech reminds me of the very very cold night that I spent frozen to the bleachers at my son's football game. I kept imagining that awesome thaw when I jumped into the hot tub after the game. As soon as I got home,  I flew out the door into..... my 85 degree hot tub!! :o :o Completely forgot that I had turned the temp down. Not only was I shocked, but I never did warm up that night...that was just awful...86 just doesn't get it when the air temp is about 10 degrees!! :-\

So bikz, I hope you did wait and enjoy your first soak at a proper hot tub temp!
Support your dealer so they can support you!

hd2000

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2010, 09:38:56 am »
We had a similar situation once.  We jumped into the tub one winter evening only to discover that the heater had quit on us.  On a cold night, it was a real eye opener, and not the relaxating experiance we had hoped for!   They don't call them hot tubs for nothing!

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2010, 04:31:11 pm »
 ;D
Support your dealer so they can support you!

bikz

« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2010, 08:16:10 pm »
Ice water....is what I needed. Had the temp set at 102. All good. Turned the jets on and shortly thereafter the temp jumped to 104.

After doing some research it appears this is not uncommon for a Jet Setter. Due to a smaller body of water, excellent insulation, and this one is a 220v set up. So the heater and pumps run simultaneously. I've dialed the temp control back and will try to get a handle on what the temp spread is. 104 is great for short stays but too much for longer periods. At least it is for me.

It's all good  ;D
There are three kinds of men. Those who learn by reading. Those who learn by observation. And, those who have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.

Will Rogers

bikz

« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2010, 11:22:24 am »
Ice water....is what I needed. Had the temp set at 102. All good. Turned the jets on and shortly thereafter the temp jumped to 104.

After doing some research it appears this is not uncommon for a Jet Setter. Due to a smaller body of water, excellent insulation, and this one is a 220v set up. So the heater and pumps run simultaneously. I've dialed the temp control back and will try to get a handle on what the temp spread is. 104 is great for short stays but too much for longer periods. At least it is for me.

It's all good  ;D

From the Hot Springs Owners Manual

"On the Home screen you will notice the temperature displayed in the center of the screen.
This temperature is the actual temperature of the spa water. If the READY icon is lit and solid on the control panel, then the actual spa temperature is within 2°F (1°C) of the set temperature".

I'm experiencing a three to four degree temperature variance. Question is. Do I want to work with what I know, or have it corrected by dealer/manufacturer.

Will Rogers

Theojt

« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2010, 01:05:13 am »
I have a 2010 Grandee and I also notice a 3 degree difference.  I had the dealer check it but he confirmed that nothing was wrong.  I think the controller cannot regulate as tightly once the ambient temp gets below a certain point - seems to be somewhere below 45 degrees ambient for me  (Pittsburgh).  When the weather was warmer, it was exactly at set temperature. Now I observe a 3 degree higher than setpoint reading when entering the tub.  But with this cold spell, it quickly drops a few degrees when we get in.  I don't think it's anything to bother about.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2010, 01:05:13 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42