What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Pumps & lights cut out but contol panel appeared fine?  (Read 2305 times)

hottubloverz

Pumps & lights cut out but contol panel appeared fine?
« on: September 05, 2010, 05:34:23 pm »
We were using our hot tub last night when all of a sudden the pumps cut out and the tub lights went off.  Power was still going to the tub because the control panel was still lit up, and according to it, the pumps were still going.  Anyone have any insight as to why this would happen?  ??? And of course, being a long weekend,we can't contact the store we bought it from until Tuesday.  Thanks!

Hot Tub Forum

Pumps & lights cut out but contol panel appeared fine?
« on: September 05, 2010, 05:34:23 pm »

dronning

Re: Pumps & lights cut out but contol panel appeared fine?
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2010, 03:11:59 am »
I'd try and do a reset (trip the breaker) on the sub panel - if you have one.  Sometimes cutting the power will reset the control board.

Check to see if something is blocking the water flow and caused an overheat condition in the heater which might shut you down like you described.

It would help if you would list what brand/model of hot tub.

Dave

hottubloverz

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2010, 07:36:41 pm »
Hi Dave.

Thanks for the reply.  We had a technician in on tuesday to fix the problem...the main board needed to be replaced because they figure it was a relay issue.

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2010, 07:42:32 am »
Hi Dave.

Thanks for the reply.  We had a technician in on tuesday to fix the problem...the main board needed to be replaced because they figure it was a relay issue.

Darn,

I'm too late, I was going to suggest that you look for burn marks around the relays on the main board.  My one chance to look like I knew something and you had go go jump the gun!
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2010, 07:42:32 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42