What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Used Calspa or new Belize?  (Read 3875 times)

spark1999

Used Calspa or new Belize?
« on: March 27, 2011, 03:08:36 pm »
I'm a nonstandard hot tub user -- I'm looking for a well-insulated small hot tub (>150 gallons) for me and two kids. I'm in the middle of no where so if it breaks I have to fix it myself.

I'm tempted by the plug and play Spaberry, Franklyn, and Belize Oval II -- all $3000 delivered to my door. There's no real info on Spaberry available (and you have to use their chemicals). Franklyn seems to be a nearly non-existant company. Belize has lot of reviews: good and bad.

I'm not into jets, I don't need a really hot temperature (7 year old and 2 year old won't like it). Our house is VERY energy efficient so I do want a tub that's well insulated. I don't need it to be useable on those rare days when it's twenty below.

My craigslist has an old two-person Calspa in working conditions listed for $1300:

http://albuquerque.craigslist.org/for/2280486363.html

I'd probably have to get a new cover and sometime in the next few years replace pumps and such...is the Calspa a better deal?

-- Spark

This is about two hours from my house and I'll have to find someone with a truck.

Hot Tub Forum

Used Calspa or new Belize?
« on: March 27, 2011, 03:08:36 pm »

ejf The Spa Guy

• THE SPA GUY
Re: Used Calspa or new Belize?
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2011, 12:22:35 pm »
spark1999
On the spas you picked , The spaberry is built by D1 , kind of a private label, but on the chemicals they do not make their own chemicals, so thats coming from who you are ordereing from, what are they telling you to use. The Belize is built by Clearwater ( privater labeled for a company to sell online) not famiiliar with the Franklin I think that even thought these spas are more than the used but they will be more energy efficient then the older tub...
Falcos Home Resort award winning hot tub retailer,

Hot Tub Forum

Re: Used Calspa or new Belize?
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2011, 12:22:35 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42