What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Please Help...so confused  (Read 3449 times)

thall17

Please Help...so confused
« on: July 14, 2010, 08:35:38 pm »
This will be our first tub and have been saving and working hard for it. If it turms out to be crap we don't have the money to waste.

Currently looking at

Emerald Special Edition Manor
Master Spa Twilight
Hot Springs ??

7-8 person open seating, looking for the massage therapy more then anything...

Any help would greatly be appreciated!!

In the Metro Detroit area

Thanks

Hot Tub Forum

Please Help...so confused
« on: July 14, 2010, 08:35:38 pm »

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
Re: Please Help...so confused
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2010, 11:18:41 pm »
Hot Spring Grandee or Vanguard.
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2010, 11:34:26 am »
This will be our first tub and have been saving and working hard for it. If it turms out to be crap we don't have the money to waste.

Currently looking at

Emerald Special Edition Manor
Master Spa Twilight
Hot Springs ??

7-8 person open seating, looking for the massage therapy more then anything...

Any help would greatly be appreciated!!

In the Metro Detroit area

Thanks

Of those you mentioned, I know Emerald is from that area but I really don't know them well. Then again maybe that itself is not such a bad thing as Master is also from that general region of the country and I know them well enough to say IMO I personally would not give anything from that company much consideration. Hot Spring is a very good brand IMO.

Wet test those you're interested in and get a feel for each dealer (how long each has been carrying that product, how long in the industry, who does their service, etc.).
220, 221, whatever it takes!

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2010, 12:00:51 pm »
Welcome to the forum.  Let me ask, do you really need a 7-8 person tub?  Many people envision parties and lots of friends and family over every night and then it ends up just being you and your spouse most of the time.  That is the way it was for us, but I like having a 6 person tub when its just the two of us. Ocasionally my daughter and son in law visit that makes 4 and we are still comfortable.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

ejf The Spa Guy

• THE SPA GUY
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2010, 03:08:53 pm »
I would wet test each model you are looking at. IMO i would look at the Hot Springs.But the Emerald and Master dealers may have been there a long time and have a great track record. But talk to each of these guys tell them what you are looking at and see how they respond.  that may help with your decision.
Falcos Home Resort award winning hot tub retailer,

thall17

« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2010, 11:22:28 pm »
Thanks for the help! I have narrowed it down between an Emerald SE Manor E850 and a Caldera Hawaiian.

The Caldera I REALLY liked the dealer. It s a Full Foam insulated Cabinet

The Emerald is a Spray Foam insulated Cabinet.

Can anyone shed some light on what is better?

Thanks

ejf The Spa Guy

• THE SPA GUY
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2010, 01:10:59 pm »
Calderas full foam is like other high end lines, D1, Sundance, Hot Springs, Jacuuzi to name a few.i personally like this form of insulation better.( there can be a huge debate on which is the best) i am not going there.
Emerald uses what they call a three levels of thermal protection
1. polyurethane spray foam on the shell,
2. ultra foam spray over that.
3. air space
4. Reflectix heat shield wrap on the inside skirt panels
Both ideas are trying to accomplish the same thing . heating efficiecy. the full foam method is to insulate the cabinet with the lines in them, no heat loss. the thermal chamber is using the secondary heat of the motors to circulate the chamber and keep the pipe warm..  again i am not trying to get into the discussion on the forum of which is better. though i have my opinion and other guys on here have theirs.

I sell both styles and i personnally like the full foam style.. I see less issues out of our store between the 2...

Hope this helps,I don't think you can go wrong with the Caldera. if you like the spa, like the dealer go for it.......if your happy, were happy to help
Falcos Home Resort award winning hot tub retailer,

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2010, 01:10:59 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42