What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Looking for a hot tub with a bubble system  (Read 4988 times)

mirage21701

Looking for a hot tub with a bubble system
« on: June 03, 2010, 07:42:51 pm »
Hi all~

So I have been looking to get a hot tub on and off for a couple of years now.  My folks have one and have had it since I was a kid, 25+ years.  I think it is a Turbo Spa model Orion Elite or something like that.  It had a number of jets and a couple of lounges, two bench seats and a bucket seat in one of the corners, but the one thing I loved is that it had bubbles.  Yes bubbles, that would annoy me every so often when they would fill my shorts up with air, but I loved them.  So it has finally come to a point where I want to get a hot tub of my own, but it seems like there are not any hot tubs that have bubbles anymore.  I found one, ThermoSpa, but after reading how people felt about them I am not sure if they are really even an option anymore.  After doing a search here and online and not really finding anything I figured it was time to post the question.  Does anyone know of a hot tub manufacturer that is making a hot tub with a bubble system in it?  

I look forward to hearing from you all.  Thank you!

Mike
« Last Edit: June 03, 2010, 07:46:10 pm by mirage21701 »

Hot Tub Forum

Looking for a hot tub with a bubble system
« on: June 03, 2010, 07:42:51 pm »

castletonia

Re: Looking for a hot tub with a bubble system
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2010, 08:13:14 pm »
Sundance and Arctic are the two I can think of that still use an airblower.  Coast has it as an option and I think Cal might too on certain series.  the popularity of the air blower has declined which is why it is difficult to find ones with it.  When I sold Saratoga, they had air blowers as a standard feature through 2003 and in 2004 they made it an option.  Only sold 1 spa with it in 2004-2005 which were the last years I sold them.  Based on general reputation and feedback I have had with Thermospa owners, I think you would be wise to look elsewhere.

ejf The Spa Guy

• THE SPA GUY
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2010, 02:02:32 pm »
also Sunbelt has a blower on there spas. Sundance, those are 2 that i know of.i would check with your local dealers on what they sell, and if they have options for you.
Falcos Home Resort award winning hot tub retailer,

mirage21701

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2010, 02:09:09 pm »
Thanks guys.  I live in Seattle, Washington so I have a few places around to check, but I will look in to the ones that have been suggested so far and look for any more suggestions that you all might have.  Thanks again. :)

rphman

• Caldera Moorea 07
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2010, 11:02:31 am »
My Caldera has a bubble maker (blower), never use it though ::)

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2010, 12:13:21 pm »
I respect your request as who knows better what you want, than yourself?

That said, try other spas, don't get tied too much on that one feature.  Many, perhaps most, spas use a jet system where you can mix in air or turn it off. The air does add intensity to the jets.  I've been in spas that just use air bubbles and they can give a good massage, but they can also really cool off the water.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

mirage21701

« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2010, 07:28:25 pm »
Thanks for the added comments guys.  I was in my parents hot tub/spa this past weekend and it just reconfirmed that if I can find it, I really would like a system with bubbles if possible.  I have tried tubs with the jets that you can add air in to or have "bubble jets" and it is just not the same and some of them have actually been painful.  I am really looking for a system where you can have bubbles only on, jets only on or both on at the same time.  While the bubbles can cool the water down some,  for me it is worth it even if it drops it down a bit. 

In looking I found that Sundance and Arctic might have what I am looking for and have found dealers that have have one or the other.  Both are about a 30 min drive from me.... of course in the opposite direction from one another, but I will have to make a day of it and see if I can wet test a system and see if it has what I am looking for.

If someone does know of a system like I have described above please let me know and I welcome any other ideas, thoughts, comments that anyone has.  Thanks again!

dstreetmom

« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2010, 11:39:57 pm »
Yup, Sundance has "bubbles" (aka a blower - this word, btw, never fails to crack up my 15 yr old son :).  So far we haven't used it on our new Sundance Cameo, but when the weather turns really hot, I'm sure we will.  I love the sound.

Nancy

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2010, 11:18:22 am »
I'd look at Arctic, Caldera or Sundance if you truly are sold on getting one with a blower, all are reputable spa makers.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

ejf The Spa Guy

• THE SPA GUY
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2010, 04:06:36 pm »
Over in the Seattle area look at the Caldera, and the Sundance, they are very good brands, great reputation
Falcos Home Resort award winning hot tub retailer,

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2010, 04:06:36 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42