What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Sundance Micro-Filter  (Read 3082 times)

Skellman

• There's more horses asses than there are horses!
Sundance Micro-Filter
« on: March 22, 2010, 10:53:39 am »
Good morning all,

I went to purchase a micro-filter yesterday but unfortunately the dealer was out. He told me I could still run the tub without it. I will get one as soon as they come in but I don't want to ruin my tub. I used it last as Sunday nights are imperative I get in the tub after playing some hoops.
Am I taking a chance by operating the tub without it? I know it kicks on for the self-clean cycles. Should I shut it down until I get the filter in?

Thanks

Hot Tub Forum

Sundance Micro-Filter
« on: March 22, 2010, 10:53:39 am »

VTXMAN

Re: Sundance Micro-Filter
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2010, 01:45:29 pm »
Yes the spa can be left running but I would not soak in it till you get new filters.

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2010, 02:42:09 pm »
????
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2010, 10:34:19 am »
There are replacement filters available which do away with the Micro-Filter. I sell a bunch of them now that our local Sundance dealer has folded. They are around $100 or so, less on line (don't forget to add shipping from some sites) but they should last anywhere from two to four years with proper care.

They look just like a regular one piece filter, but there is a divider inside which makes one part work with the small pump while the rest works with the large pump. My customers who have purchased them have been very happy with water clarity - and they save money in the long run.

Just a thought.
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2010, 06:06:27 pm »
The microclean filter cartridge is disposable (cannot be cleaned) and must be replaced every 3-4 months to ensure proper spa filtration and equipment operation.

I would do as Chas suggests and get eh filter that will eliminate the micro clean section so you don't have to use disposable filters. I've seen many people change to that and be happy they did so.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2010, 06:06:27 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42