What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Another Spaudio Transducer problem  (Read 3251 times)

buffip

Another Spaudio Transducer problem
« on: March 14, 2010, 06:13:48 pm »
Hey all,
Have an 05 Vanguard, w/Spaudiocast  (upgraded from Spaudio II...all wireless w/ no player in cabinet)  Been working great, except that the left transducer is significant lower powered that the right.  Can still hear/feel music from it, but volume has to be maxed.   Any suggestions?  How tough is it to remove side panels on top of transducer?  Thanks for all the help.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2010, 06:28:28 pm by buffip »

Hot Tub Forum

Another Spaudio Transducer problem
« on: March 14, 2010, 06:13:48 pm »

Richs100

• From a 1993 HS Prodigy to a 2006 HS Envoy
Re: Another Spaudio Transducer problem
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2010, 09:18:48 pm »
Has it always been like this or is it something new?

this might be a dumb question, but since the balance and fader are usually controlled by player, have you checked those settings on your iPod/MP3?

Rich
If you don't have anything nice to say about someone, come sit next to me.

buffip

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2010, 02:48:03 am »
Not always like this...just noticed it.  Swapping tub sides (Momma normally sits on the good side) made me discover the disparity...  No balance control on ipod... same problem using another MP3 player via the AUX port on the broadcast unit.
Any ideas?
THX

Richs100

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2010, 07:53:06 am »
Maybe I misunderstood your answer, but there is always a balance control on an iPod.  I think it's under "Settings". 
(Or maybe you meant it didn't make a difference with your problem?)

I don't remember if there are balance/fader controls on the SpAudio amp.  I have an Envoy which hides the amp in the right side panel area so I can't look at it without taking off the side panel.  Can you see your Amp?  Are there any controls on it?

Rich

buffip

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2010, 05:19:39 pm »
Rich,  I looked on the ipod for balance  (no luck), then googled it...all I found were complaints about the lack of balance adjust on an IPOD.   I will look again when I get home :-[
MIGHT be able to see the amp (when i get home), but I am assuming I'll have to pull panals off side...Have you ever pulled your side panals?
Thanks
LJ

Richs100

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2010, 06:14:24 pm »
WOW!  I am stunned!
I had no idea that Apple has never seen fit to put a balance control on any of its iPod products.  Incredible.  Especially since a lot of the people that are complaining about it are people with hearing impairments in one ear.  I don't know what to say.  I use an iPod Nano in my car which I enjoy, but I can't believe they have never added such a simple adjustment.  Given there are people who have a legitimate physical need for it, I don't understand how they can possibly justify that (especially since my Nano has about a bazillion other useless settings on it!)

As to the SpAudio amp, as far as I know, the only HS tub that requires the amp to be placed behind a fixed panel is mine...an Envoy.  I'm not sure, but I think your amp is in the main equipment bay of the tub.  Have you asked your dealer about this balance problem?

Rich

buffip

« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2010, 07:20:09 pm »
Fixed it ;D
swapped the tranducer wiring.  Left side worked great after that.  Shot output with a meter, left side 1/10 :o of the right.  Reset all connections, it was the left output from the Icast that was the problem.  A clean + reseat and Im back in bidness.  (Although I discovered the ozenator hose fitting was broken off the ozenator...i probably did it monkeying around)  off to Home depot...
thanks for the replies

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2010, 07:20:09 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42