What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Dumb Dumb Dumb  (Read 3963 times)

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
Dumb Dumb Dumb
« on: November 28, 2009, 12:10:29 pm »
Ever do something fast without thought....oh brother I did it this morning. ::)
My husband and I thought we would have a nice soak with coffee this morning.   :) To be honest, I haven't been paying much attention to the tub. So when we opened it, it didn't look just right to me. I tested the water and there was    0 bromine...I had just replaced the  bromine cartridge in my Frog system about 1 1/2 weeks ago and the water was fine, so I was surprised. We pulled the cartridges and the bromine seemed to be blocked up in the cartridge. It was almost like a solid lump. I banged the cartridge on the deck rail and it was  solid. Finally I broke up the clump so that the bromine could flow out of the cartridge. (By the way has anyone else experienced this with the Frog cartridges?)

Anyway, I was a bit angry after all this and I turned around with the cartridge and dropped it back into the well...WITHOUT THE HOLDER.... YEAH how dumb ???...and how tough to get it back out...So no soak, and created a big problem getting that stinkin cartridge out.. >:( :-[ :'(
Support your dealer so they can support you!

Hot Tub Forum

Dumb Dumb Dumb
« on: November 28, 2009, 12:10:29 pm »

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
Re: Dumb Dumb Dumb
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2009, 04:28:10 pm »
  I know the Marquis is set up for a spa frog but why on earth are you using one?  Specially if just 2 of you using it?   I would think the shock/chlorine system would do it for you.  I have set many a Marquis owner up that way.

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2009, 05:17:10 pm »
I started with Bromine and just stuck with it, Jim. My husband travels a lot...so it is pretty rare for us to even use the tub anymore. The bromine kept it clear while we were away this summer and for weeks of non-use. So I figured to stay with that system. I was really surprised when I tested the water...That cartridge was fairly new and no one has even been in the tub for a few weeks.

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2009, 10:52:17 am »
« Last Edit: June 21, 2013, 04:28:45 pm by . »

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2009, 03:39:21 pm »
OH,...we tried the shop vac, but couldn't get suction around that rounded top..then we tried hangers..Finally my son was able to bend a hanger and run it under the bottom of the cartridge and gently lift it out..It was very frustrating.. and it took many tries...but mostly just a stupid thing that I did...I was really happy that my husband was calm and didn't even remind me how dumb it was...

« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2009, 10:57:05 am »
« Last Edit: June 25, 2013, 11:00:32 am by . »

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2009, 11:35:32 pm »
If my son didn't get the cartridge out when he did, I was going to drain the tub..not sure how that would have helped..but I was getting pretty frustrated and willing to try anything. Believe me...it's not worth testing the grabber  :o. I am probably the only goofball that has ever done that. :-\ :-[

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2009, 11:35:32 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42