What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Hot tub update  (Read 2521 times)

bearpeidog

Hot tub update
« on: November 17, 2009, 09:36:12 pm »
Hello - a while ago I posted some questions about spa prices etc.  I figured I would post back how things went.  I ended up getting the Hotspring Grandee due to more generous room for the kids.  Boy am I glad I did.  They are all over the place, but loving it.  I only wish the tub didn't have the water feature as its a kids magnet - they are drawn to it like moths to a flame!

The contractor that I hired poured the slab and failed to center the conduit properly.  When the installers installed the tub, it was resting on the wood form.  Didn't notice that...so I drained the tub the following week and moved it.  I had to notch the wood so that the tub could be moved in line with the conduit.  Ahhh if only slab guys used a tape measure life would have been so much easier.  If you do have a slab poured check the measurements yourself before you pay! 

We have had a couple issues with the tub. The control board failed on the hot tub, which was replaced with 48 hours of calling the issue in.  We also have issues with the bar top lights, which again, service was onsite with 24 hours and a new wiring harness is on order.  So, while we've had some issues, I can't say that service hasn't been TOP NOTCH.

Another nice touch...I wanted the hot tub installed in time for our anniversary.  My wife had to go out of town for a few days and wasn't coming back until the night of our anniversary.  The hot tub dealer worked with me to get the tub delivered and set up for that night.   While the hot tub had arrived, they hadn't yet received the cover.  The solution:  They let me borrow a cover for a couple weeks until ours arrived.  The end result:  a very happy and surprised wife.  Again, while at the time I was researching, I didn't understand the importance of a good dealer.  Now, I do and glad I didn't go the other routes I had been contemplating.

The family is now hooked on the tub and its a nightly ritual!

Hot Tub Forum

Hot tub update
« on: November 17, 2009, 09:36:12 pm »

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
Re: Hot tub update
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2009, 07:41:00 am »
Congrats..it's so nice to hear you are happy with your choice. I think a hot tub brings families together..When we first got our tub we spent many happy hours with our boys talking, laughing and relaxing together!  It's also nice to hear you have a great dealer..Best wishes and happy soaking. .. ;)
Support your dealer so they can support you!

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2009, 09:27:18 am »
Great story,  thanks for coming back and sharing.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

ejf The Spa Guy

• THE SPA GUY
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2009, 07:22:51 pm »
great to hear about a dealer that still cares!!! it is noce to hear these storeis even with a spa failure the dealer gotten right on it...enjoy your tub..
Falcos Home Resort award winning hot tub retailer,

Renee

• '07 Jacuzzi J-365 in Nebraska
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2009, 04:33:21 pm »
Your kids will get used to the water feature, and leave it alone after awhile.
The newness has to wear off first.  ;D
Enjoy the quality time with your family that the hot tub brings!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2009, 04:33:21 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42