What's the Best Hot Tub

Poll

FLO message comes on after spa reaches 104 and I try to decrease heat.

Replace pressure switches
1 (100%)
FLO code problems
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 1

Author Topic: Pressure switch problems  (Read 2925 times)

tonyd1

Pressure switch problems
« on: October 01, 2009, 01:09:40 am »
Hello, I have had this Jacuzzi spa since I purchased my house and have had no luck with it.  At first the FLO code would come on after the spa warmed it to 84 degrees.  Then I hired a mom and pop comp. to come and find out the problem and service it.  Apparently the spa had insulation wrap all through the spa, including the motor.  We managed to pull about half of it out and it got up to 104 deg. So I pulled all the insulation out (it was burned and crispy around the motor) thinking this would aleviate the FLO code. The serviceman I hired was about 78 yrs old and was not up to coming out a second time.  After the inslation was all pulled out--- No luck.  Should I replace the Pressure switches( problem indicated by manual)  ?  How many are there?  How do I replace them? Were are they located?

Hot Tub Forum

Pressure switch problems
« on: October 01, 2009, 01:09:40 am »

Peteyboy

• 1991 HotSpring Classic - Tech since 1987
Re: Pressure switch problems
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2009, 11:47:25 am »
Can you tell us what model and year you have?
spas are electrical devices and can be dangerous to repair - please use this advice at your own risk

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2009, 01:04:17 pm »
Can we put links in our signature line now?????   ;)
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

tonyd1

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2009, 01:34:47 pm »
Sorry about that, model and year is probably important information.  It is a Jacuzzi Whirlpool Pool Bath Platinum Series, and I believe it's a 1994 (according to the manual downloaded off the internet).

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2009, 01:34:47 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42