What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Sundance Maxxus Reviews and Price Point  (Read 7179 times)

fmdod

Sundance Maxxus Reviews and Price Point
« on: September 11, 2009, 07:10:21 pm »
Hello,  

We water tested the Sundance Maxxus and came away very impressed.  So far, the best tub we've tested.  What other spas would everyone reccomend as comparible in features, warrenty, reliability, ect....  What have people here paided for this tub?  We're looking for the base unit, with delivery/setup, starter chems, cover lifter, and stairs.  Also, what is everyones experience with dealers charging travel charges for units still under warrenty?

Thanks
« Last Edit: September 11, 2009, 08:17:46 pm by fmdod »

Hot Tub Forum

Sundance Maxxus Reviews and Price Point
« on: September 11, 2009, 07:10:21 pm »

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
Re: Sundance Maxxus Reviews and Price Point
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2009, 04:21:16 am »
Hello,  

We water tested the Sundance Maxxus and came away very impressed.  So far, the best tub we've tested.  What other spas would everyone reccomend as comparible in features, warrenty, reliability, ect....  What have people here paided for this tub?  We're looking for the base unit, with delivery/setup, starter chems, cover lifter, and stairs.  Also, what is everyones experience with dealers charging travel charges for units still under warrenty?

Thanks

For alternatives I'd suggest you go to the websites of some of the other top spas like Caldera, D1, Hot Spring, Jacuzzi and Marquis and use their dealer locators to see who is local to you.

As far as trip chanrges go, they are becoming pretty common but they certanly vary. Are they charging $20, 35, 50, 75... ?
« Last Edit: September 15, 2009, 07:10:02 pm by Spatech t.u.o. »
220, 221, whatever it takes!

bearpeidog

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2009, 06:44:36 pm »
The trip charges have bother me a little bit.  IMO, Warrentee repairs shouldn't incur a fee.  Dealers in my area charge $55.00 which seems excessive (even if they are try to cover fuel charges etc).  Seems to me money is being made there....

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2009, 07:52:41 pm »
Warranties ALWAYS include a fee.......... just, most people are used to it being hidden in the original cost of the item :-)
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

fmdod

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2009, 09:28:50 pm »
The current dealer I am working with charges a graduated fee......zero for the first 90 days, gradually increasing to $ 150.00/call after 1 year in service (ouch!!!)  They claim they had to impliment these fees to prevent that pain in the butt call that were not warrenty related.  The dealer claims that these fee are not charged if the call is for a "real" warrenty item (the contract doesn't state this) This has all but soured me on their products (clearwater and D1) 

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2009, 11:18:38 am »
The current dealer I am working with charges a graduated fee......zero for the first 90 days, gradually increasing to $ 150.00/call after 1 year in service (ouch!!!)  They claim they had to impliment these fees to prevent that pain in the butt call that were not warrenty related.  The dealer claims that these fee are not charged if the call is for a "real" warrenty item (the contract doesn't state this) This has all but soured me on their products (clearwater and D1)  

That $150 fee seems exorbitant in the spa industry and while I understand the thinking on his part IMO a more reasonable discretionary trip fee (like $40 to $75) would almost always discourage the nuisance calls just as well.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2009, 05:10:38 pm by Spatech t.u.o. »
220, 221, whatever it takes!

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2009, 04:44:59 pm »
The trip charges have bother me a little bit.  IMO, Warrentee repairs shouldn't incur a fee.  Dealers in my area charge $55.00 which seems excessive (even if they are try to cover fuel charges etc).  Seems to me money is being made there....

Understandable, I sell Personal computers and I home deliver and set them up.  I have a 2 year hardware warranty. If the problem turns out to be  a virus that your teenager downloaded, there is a full service fee (as much as $125)  My dealer who was just a few miles away would waive the fee if there was  a real failure and not user error, or user induced fault like a rubber duck blocking the filter intake.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2009, 04:44:59 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42