What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: My hot tub cover replacement troubles  (Read 17386 times)

AAAAAAA

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Re: My hot tub cover replacement troubles
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2009, 09:48:48 am »
And BTW, google knows.

When I google Extreme Spa Covers

The first few entries are the sites I posted before.
So anyone googling extreme spa cover instead of rhtubs will see those old sites first.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2009, 09:48:48 am »

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2009, 12:44:09 pm »

I am sure if you were looking for something and the site said "made to withstand the exteeme californian heat" that it should be local to you or definitly marketed to you. (I think you live in California...).

In my opinion, from my perspective. ABSOLUTELY not.

"Specifically designed for frigid Canadian winters, you wont find a better built spa cover!"

"Designed for"...designed...DESIGNED! No where does it say, or even insinuate, it's made in Canada, or specifically sold to Canadians, or designed IN Canada. It simply states it's made for a specific type of environment...and the marketing hopes are that people in milder climates (most of the US thinks Canada has brutal winters and where they live is milder) will think the cover will perform even better for them, and is a better cover than most others.
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

AAAAAAA

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2009, 03:25:21 pm »
It's all about perspective isn't it. It might help you make more sales, all you have to put up with is the odd Canadian wondering whats going on hehehe.

So after all this I decided I am just going ot get the best available.

Spacap.  ;) :P

Shaamus

• America's SPA-MART
« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2009, 05:56:52 pm »
It's all about perspective isn't it. It might help you make more sales, all you have to put up with is the odd Canadian wondering whats going on hehehe.

So after all this I decided I am just going ot get the best available.

Spacap.  ;) :P

You can't be serious.  You're joking, right?

Shaamus

• America's SPA-MART
« Reply #19 on: August 30, 2009, 06:01:27 pm »
Also on the duty thing.  Even though the cover is made in the US, you have to make sure you meet the "total" manfacturing cost standards.  The vinyl, zipper and hardware are made overseas, but the fact we buy domestic foam, thread and polyethylene in addition to the local labor would preclude the cover from being subject to duties going into Canada.  But it still has to clear customs which means you have to pay a broker to do the paperwork and run it through their bonded warehouse and that all costs extra.

AAAAAAA

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2009, 12:02:24 pm »
Thank you Shaamus for the info. Saving taxes is better then not saving anything.

I am on your web site and I definitly like it. You have everything I am trying to get, especially those windstraps that I can't seem to find anywhere and the microclean (I didn't see microclean 2 filters, not sure if it's the same) filters seem pretty cheep compared to the price here. And I like that you have rubber handles.

I can't see anywhere that says the price will change if I exeed a certain size.

Well after going through the check out it is confusing: There is a space for state and province as well as zip code and postal code. Also an entry for outside the US. However I cannot change country to Canada and there is no shipping quote that gets displayed.

So does it mean you don't ship to Canada?

AAAAAAA

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #21 on: August 31, 2009, 12:02:46 pm »
Yes I am kidding about the spacap.

Im-A-Duck

« Reply #22 on: August 31, 2009, 10:43:23 pm »
I am also looking for a cover I found this site, /www.spacoverbuydirect.com. Does anyone know anything about this company good or bad?

Shaamus

• America's SPA-MART
« Reply #23 on: September 01, 2009, 09:34:57 pm »
Sorry for the confusion, but we don't ship to Canada.  I was merely pointing out why it's probably going to be difficult for you to find a US manufacturer willing or able to ship into your neck of the woods. 

AAAAAAA

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #24 on: September 02, 2009, 02:49:37 pm »
Well I found a company in Vancouver that apparently hand makes them in Canada and another company in the same province as me(Quebec) that has no problem making large 3 or even 4 fold covers. Sounds like I might be on the right track.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #24 on: September 02, 2009, 02:49:37 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42