What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Forums PM system not working  (Read 1860 times)

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
Forums PM system not working
« on: August 31, 2009, 10:57:44 am »
Bill, the PM system here seems to be a little screwy. I can receive PM's, but it looks like if I click the Reply link, and send a response, it doesn't actually send the response. Looking at my Outbox, it says the last time I responded to a PM was January of this year. I know this is not correct! If I click on my response it only brings up the original message that was sent to ME (though, it appears formatted to look like it was the message I sent, rather than the message I received). I tested it just now by responding AGAIN to someone, and this message doesn't show up in my Outbox.
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

Hot Tub Forum

Forums PM system not working
« on: August 31, 2009, 10:57:44 am »

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
Re: Forums PM system not working
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2009, 12:32:47 pm »

I just sent you a PM Doc.

Here is what I don't like. When I want to PM someone I used to "click" on their name and it allowed me to choose to PM them. Right now if I go to anyone other than myself (just tried it with Doc and 3 or 4 others) and pick their name it tells me "An error has occurred: Many apologies, but you can't view just any profile." Was I blackballed? I can still PM them through the messaging section but it makes me type in their name or do a search for them (like I know how everyone spells their crazy names) which is a pain.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2009, 12:41:25 pm by Spatech t.u.o. »
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2009, 12:47:57 pm »
Additionally, when in my inbox, and I click on a persons name, I get the following;

An Error Has Occurred!
Many apologies, but you can't view just any profile.

Spatech, I just replied to you TWICE. One with your message quoted, and one without quoting you.

Thanks

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2009, 12:50:42 pm »
Additionally, when in my inbox, and I click on a persons name, I get the following;

An Error Has Occurred!
Many apologies, but you can't view just any profile.

Spatech, I just replied to you TWICE. One with your message quoted, and one without quoting you.

Thanks

I received both and replied to each. I then went to my "outbox” and sure enough it gives no indication that I sent anything.

Let me know if they went through or not. Since I got your PMs it would seem that it’s sending them but just not recording that it’s doing so.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2009, 12:52:24 pm by Spatech t.u.o. »
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2009, 01:22:25 pm »
I got your 2 responses saying you received both of them.....but nothing I sent you is showing up in my "outbox" either.

Odd, since I have (had) messages in my outbox dating back to January of 2003 (I just cleaned it out...23 pages worth..wonder if that may have caused a problem)

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2009, 01:26:02 pm »
aaaaaarrrrrrrggggggggggg. When you send a PM, just below where you type in the message is a check box, "Save a copy in my outbox". If you don't check the box, a message isn't saved

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2009, 01:26:02 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42