What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: first time buyers looking at spas  (Read 3583 times)

sandt

first time buyers looking at spas
« on: May 22, 2009, 11:09:03 pm »
Hi all, we are first time buyers, and are looking at a few different brands.  We live in New England, and would like to use it year round.  Pretty set on a 5-6 seat model.  Not quite sold on having a lounger, seems like it takes up a lot of space.  
A few of the brands we are looking at:

Bullfrog - 251 series

Saratoga Spas Luxury Line Regent or Grand, as well as the Adirondack Line Caroga

Pinnacle Spas - Meridian

have only seen some feedback on the Bullfrog brands, and seems like a very well constructed spa.Has anyone had any experience with these brands?
thanks

Hot Tub Forum

first time buyers looking at spas
« on: May 22, 2009, 11:09:03 pm »

Vanguard

Re: first time buyers looking at spas
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2009, 01:42:30 am »
Bullfrog is a pretty decent spa.  I personally don't like the jet packs.  I think they are gimmicky.  I've yet to meet someone who really buys more than the packs they need when they buy the spa.  

Saratoga are pretty decent spas as well.  They are built up your way.  I've not been around them a lot.  I've really never heard complaints on them.

Not too familiar with Pinnacle.  They are built by Premium Leisure.  I know PL has hired some good folks to try to get their business turned around so I hate to say too much negative, but as we speak today, there are many better brands out there.

Being in New England, you should be able to find a dealer for most of the top brands.  

My personal opinion top brands in no order are:  Jacuzzi, Sundance, Caldera, Hot Spring, Marquis, Dimension One.  All manufacturers will have a 5-6 person spa with no loungers.  

What part of New England are you in?  We all know dealers up there and can help steer you to some of the good ones.

Good luck in your search.  Be sure to wet test your spa before you buy.  That is rule number one on the forum.  Don't buy before you try.
The stars at night are big and bright, deep in the heart of Texas and my Vanguard!!!

sandt

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2009, 07:50:53 am »
Thanks for the feedback.  We are in Southern NH.

We priced out the Bullfrog at $5500 for the Series !!
and a local pool and spa store has the Saratoga Luxury Regent at $5800.  
We're not interested on extra lights, speakers, waterfalls...just a basic high quality spa, low maintenance (other than maintaining chemical levels), and a dealer that will stand behind their product.
thanks

In Canada eh

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2009, 10:50:45 am »
We have had our Bullfrog 451 for 3 years now and we love it.  No major problems at all

If I can answer any questions feel free to ask away
Bullfrog 451

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2009, 10:50:45 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42