What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Anyone ever use spa purge?  (Read 4674 times)

michiganwinter

Anyone ever use spa purge?
« on: March 30, 2009, 01:13:26 pm »
http://www.saveonpoolsupplies.com/shopping/product.aspx?productid=SKU18980&e7=Y&e8=Y5997&pcode=103&keyword=Y5997

Is this worth trying? Any reviews positive of negative? I didn't see anything on the web relating to reviews.

Thanks!

Hot Tub Forum

Anyone ever use spa purge?
« on: March 30, 2009, 01:13:26 pm »

Raegor

Hillbilly Hot Tub

• Be open minded, learn something every day!
Re: Anyone ever use spa purge?
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2009, 04:44:39 pm »
We use and have our customers use a product called swirl away. It is less costly and works well.

As I said, it works well, but you have to make sure to get all of the risdual of the product out of the tub or you will have foam. This is with any of the plumbing cleaning products. You can do this by rinsing the sides and taking a shop vac to the rest of the tub, including sucking out the jets. We also tell people to put it in for overnight rather than a few hours. Many people have had comments that any jets that swirl, swirl better after using.
Clearwater Spa Dealer, Great Lakes Spa Dealer, Helo and Almost Heaven Saunas. Authorized service center for several spa lines, CPO. APSP member. Good old fashioned New England service!

michiganwinter

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2009, 04:55:25 pm »
Thanks for the advice!

TubsAndCues

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2009, 01:10:06 pm »
Both Swirl Away and Spa Purge are good products.  We used to sell only Swirl Away, but switched to Purge for the main reason that Swirl Away wasn't compatible with biguanide systems like Soft Soak and BaquaSpa.  

Purge does need to have the water temp be 95 or higher, where I don't remember Swirl having a requirement like that.  However, after using both products myself, I think Purge does a better job.

Regardless, for a bromine or chlorine system, they both will get the job done.  It's really just personal preference.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2009, 01:10:06 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42