What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Need Help in buying new hot tub - confused!  (Read 4369 times)

knee2400

Need Help in buying new hot tub - confused!
« on: March 05, 2009, 12:36:45 pm »
Never owned a hot tub and have a bad back and looking to buy a hot tub for out back of my house.   Northeast location (will use in the cold months) - looking to use it as much as possible for pain relief along with enjoying with hubby, kids and friends - 5-6 seater.  I don't want to break the bank in buying on - preferably $6,000 or under and don't want to break the bank on my electrical bills with PECO.    I of couse want the fancy lights and stereo.  I went to two home shows in the area and all hot tub people were giving away deals all under $5,000 with these amenities.  

Legacy was one of the dealers
I seen a hot springs sign also
Thermo spas - been on their website.  

I am very confused about who is better in terms with insulation, number of jets I need, etc.
 :)

Hot Tub Forum

Need Help in buying new hot tub - confused!
« on: March 05, 2009, 12:36:45 pm »

Eco_Spas

Re: Need Help in buying new hot tub - confused!
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2009, 01:00:56 pm »
Out of the three brands you listed, your best bet, IMO, for energy efficincy and therapeutic puposes is gonna be the Hotsprings brand. Also be sure to wet test them before you make a final choice. Good Luck and Congratulations on deciding to get a spa. Let us know your choice was.
'GREEN' ENGINEER

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2009, 02:46:32 pm »
$6k sounds low for a 5-6 person spa with all the features. How many people in your family? We really over estimated the number of times we entertain in it.  Now that we are empty nesters, my wife and I usually alone in our big tub.  I paid $6500 5 years ago.  Check whats available at local dealers
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Hottubs4life

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2009, 03:29:17 pm »
Out of the three you have looked at I agree, Hot Springs, especially if you can get that one at that price.

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2009, 03:44:12 pm »
Check your PM.. ;)
Support your dealer so they can support you!

knee2400

« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2009, 06:46:55 pm »
Bonibellie would love to know your dealer - you are correct of my location - the system won't let me reply since I haven't posted 5 things??

Thanks

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2009, 08:55:04 pm »
ok :-/  I have sent the info via another PM. I hesitate to recommend anything on the main board. What I will say is that I am recommending a dealer, not a brand of hot tub. My dealer no longer even sells  the brand that I brought from him in '05.  He has been exceptional for support and I would recommend his dealership to anyone. I am sure that the tub line that he now sells is excellent quality as well, or he wouldn't be carrying it.

« Last Edit: March 05, 2009, 09:09:17 pm by Bonibelle »

benalexe

« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2009, 10:02:33 pm »
I have a thermospas and love it but my brother gave it to me for free.  It is about 5 years old. For some reason Thrmospas has a bad rap here but I found their customer service to be excellent and the tub is great too.

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2009, 08:10:44 am »
ben did you end up keeping the tub running all winter?

benalexe

« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2009, 01:44:10 pm »
I did keep it open. I hardly used it though. I  think next winter I will shut it down for the winter.  I do love it though.  Actually my back hurts now and I am thinking of going in later.

I just changed the water yesterday.   Most of the winter I have kept it at 80 to keep the costs down.  I am definitely more of a spring summer user.

Spalady

« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2009, 05:52:56 pm »
Lights, Stereo, High quality, energy efficient, easy to maintain and under 6K, new... that is a hard combo to find in this market. Believe me at that price with all those features, you will be sacrificing the things that make owning a spa a joy over time.

IMO you would be better going for a smaller tub that fits your main requirements of Energy efficiency and compromise on size not quality or warranty.
 Check out the Tiger River line from the makers of Hot Springs. These are great value without the compromise of EE and low maintenance especially with the Ozone system installed. Ultimately these qualities are more important than lights and stereo.
I love the Bengal which will retail for somewhere around $7K and the Sumatran at under $6K. Or if you want lights- look at the Glow (LImelight spa)
Happy soaking.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2009, 05:56:45 pm by Spalady »
In Hot Water and Loving it since 1976.

96SC

« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2009, 08:22:16 am »
Never owned a hot tub and have a bad back and looking to buy a hot tub for out back of my house.   Northeast location (will use in the cold months) - looking to use it as much as possible for pain relief along with enjoying with hubby, kids and friends - 5-6 seater.  I don't want to break the bank in buying on - preferably $6,000 or under and don't want to break the bank on my electrical bills with PECO.    [glow]I of couse want the fancy lights and stereo.[/glow]  I went to two home shows in the area and all hot tub people were giving away deals all under $5,000 with these amenities.  

Legacy was one of the dealers
I seen a hot springs sign also
Thermo spas - been on their website.  

I am very confused about who is better in terms with insulation, number of jets I need, etc.
 :)

Before you jump into getting the stereo and fancy lights: from our experienc we hardly ever turn the lights on, we prefer sitting in the dark.  We also have outside speakers from our home system but turn on the music less than we turn on the lights.  But that is us, happy hunting. Like someone already said, if possible wet test and be sure the jets are suitable for your back.  It would be a shame if you bought your tub but the jets didn't hit in the right places.
Before I speak, I have something important to say--Groucho Marx

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2009, 08:22:16 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42