What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Artesian 2 different web sites/spa lines???  (Read 2876 times)

spa_newb

Artesian 2 different web sites/spa lines???
« on: March 01, 2009, 12:30:01 pm »
Hello all,

My soon to be Fiancee and I have our hearts set on an Artesian Cypress Point.......However we are still at least 1.5-2 years away from actually buying one.

Every few months I browse the sites to see if anything has changed, and my heart sank when I went to Artesian's site to discover the Platinum line had been replaced by Gold, and so the Cypress was no longer there, the equivalent looking to be the 'Emerald' model.

I found this here

http://artesianspas.com/showroom/gold/emerald.asp

But then when I went to http://artesianspas.com I found the original website I was used to, along with the platinum line and Cypress Point.

http://artesianspas.com/showroom/stanplat/cypresspoint.asp

Does anyone know why there are 2 completely different websites? Also does anyone know if the Cypress is still available and what the current price point is?

Thanks

Dave
« Last Edit: March 01, 2009, 12:31:06 pm by spa_newb »

Hot Tub Forum

Artesian 2 different web sites/spa lines???
« on: March 01, 2009, 12:30:01 pm »

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
Re: Artesian 2 different web sites/spa lines???
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2009, 01:54:39 pm »
Just a guess, but...

First, both links you give are on the SAME website... artesianspas.com

My "guess" would be that they greatly updated the website, and rather than simply replace their old "showroom" pages (that are in subfolders of the "showroom" folder...AND that may have done fairly well in the search engines), they left the old pages (and removed any links to them), and put up new replacement pages, all in the top level of the "showroom" folder.

From a web-writers, and search-engine-optimizers point of view, there are VERY good reasons for doing this.

If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

spa_newb

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2009, 02:35:54 pm »
I had the same suspicions, so are you saying the 'old' page is the first link I posted with the 'Gold' series? IT looks a lot more outdated than the second link I posted with the Platinum series. I jsut hope the Cypress Point is still available.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2009, 02:36:17 pm by spa_newb »

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2009, 02:47:38 pm »
Not addressing your question.  However, you bring up an interesting point.  In our industry, if you fall in love with a particular model, don't count on it being the same a year from now.  Or even being available.  So, do your research, but if you are not in a position to buy, don't be disappointed.  On the other hand, if you can take advantage of a 12 months same as cash promotion, you might be able to have your dream spa a year earlier, while it exists! ;)

In fact, we have a customer who wants an old style Vanguard, not the new one Term will be putting pictures of up.  We had to scramble to get him one.
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2009, 04:04:43 pm »
Are you sure you didn't click on the "Platinum Elite" area when the Cypress Point wasn't there. Artesian used to have the Island, Gold and Platinum "higher end" lines and then 2 other lines as well. Sometime after 2005 they added the Platinum Elite line and got rid of the Gold. Of course we all know that platinum is more valuable than gold so a platinum elite must be even more valuable!  ;D

FWIW, for the most part the Piper Glen, Emerald and Grand Cayman were all the same size tubs and I guess from what you said the Cypress Point has replaced the Emerald name. Their jetting was different and the Emerald and the Grand Cayman could have had the same pump configuration if you opted for it in the Island line.

What hottubdan said is true and I have seen a great tub go to crap design in less than a year. I originally was going to buy an Emerald Spa (not an Artesian Emerald) and it went from an awesone tub in 2004 to a really so-so spa in the 2005 model year. I bought my Artesian Cayman in 2005 and it had undergone changes that I didn't like in 2006 and wouldn't have bought the tub with them. Now in 2009 they have a nice design again IMO.

Now onto Artesian, when I bought my spa the dealer said how Artesian designed the spa with maximum efficiency and flow of the jets. They would never put too many jets in since it would not give a great message. That was in 2004/2005 ... now in 2009 the same tub now has 62 jets with the same pump configuration as I have. I haven't done a side by side comparision of what's different between the 2 model years but what happened to the efficiency and flow of the jets. 10 more jets has to effect the massage it gives or are they using smaller jets? The Cypress Point, if it was Emerald use to only have 40 or so jets ... now it has 52 and again it has the same pumps it had in 2005. Of course the spa may feel wonderful but my story of the Emerald Spa is what happened when they added more jets.

Research but do not get your heart set on anything until you are ready to buy - it can all change - maybe positively or negatively.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2009, 04:04:43 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42